Remember me
Lost Password Register

Anyone have any recent, local dives to report?
04-18-2004, 09:15 AM,
Re:Anyone have any recent, local dives to report?
I've happily been one of those freaks since 98 Smile It's pretty fun....definitely some strange people come out in the mornings when you have to run around a few city blocks looking for things in storefronts.
04-18-2004, 09:41 AM,
No comment on your level of sanity Jason Tongue

Is it still considered the nations largest trivia contest or something like that?
04-18-2004, 09:57 AM,
Yeah, that's what they are still billing it as. It certainly seems like the longest right about now. Only 13 more hours....
04-18-2004, 08:23 PM,
I got up early this morning to go wreck diving in Milwaukee, but the charter was called off due to gale force winds- I just can't win this weekend! :'(

Went for a nice 2 hour bike ride around Madison instead- before the winds picked up. I'm getting anxious to get some real diving in pretty soon.

Jon
04-23-2004, 07:56 AM,
Dove Devil's Lake yesterday. It was nice

- 15 - 20 feet visability
- water temp 44.
- Not crowded
- And calm.

Was a nice Dive. If anyone would be game to go on this saturday since it is supposed to be nice again I'd love to dive it again...

Give me a call if your intrested....

608-219-5075 - Cell
608-833-0614 - Home
weston@westonledford.com - email

Weston Ledford
04-23-2004, 01:17 PM,
Want to put the Delight in at Milwaukee Mothers Day Weekend. Anyone know if the Willie and Milwaukee are marked yet?

Got room for one more if anyone wants to go. Light easy warm up dives.

Also the Fox Valley Scuba Club is diving out of Racine Memorial Day Weekend. The diving and camaraderie is pretty good.
04-23-2004, 06:57 PM,
New to board, hi everyone. Dove Flynn's Quarry last Saturday, vis was terrible. First time there, is it always that bad?
04-23-2004, 07:36 PM,
Willy and the Milwaukee are always marked. IF the surface tails are cut off just look for the barrels at 25'- you can usually see them on flat days.

Lake Mendota just went clear- today. The Secchi disk is reading 6 meters. I'll, hopefully, get in some time this weeknd. Anything has to be better than last weekend.

Jon
04-23-2004, 08:32 PM,
Welcome to the board Herb! Flynn's is usually either really good or really bad. Lately, the only reason that I have dove Flynn's is to see the jellyfish in late summer into fall. The only real thing that I find interesting about Flynn's is that you never know just what you will find in there. I know that there are at least 2 safes, 1 intact 70's Ford Pickup, a bunch of car parts, 2 bikes, pieces of a 2002 Dodge Durango and a small weber grill in there for sure. New attractions are frequently being added by local delinquents.

Todd
04-23-2004, 08:32 PM,

Welcome aboard Scubaherb! We briefly discussed Flynn's Quarry in this thread

and this one gets a bit more interesting

I checked my dive log and I haven't been there since May of 1995, but it was always hit or miss.