Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pearl Lake
07-23-2011, 06:45 PM,
Pearl Lake
Ran down to Pearl Lake early this morning. Visibility was mediocre at best, maybe 10 ft max, but more consistently 5-6 ft. There were quite a few open water students finning around, and you could tell when you were getting close to something to look at, because the cloud would quickly take 5 ft vis to zero. First dive was starting on the southeast shore and working our way north, maintaining 30-35 ft depth. We came across the majority of the sites, checked them out and made it back without event. Second dive, we decided to check out the 80 ft platforms. However, we got to around 65-70 ft and found 1-2 ft vis, and decided to head east back to shore. Ended by duplicating the first dive. All in all, we had a good couple of dives and enjoyed some time poking at each other.

Matt
I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.
07-31-2011, 05:07 PM,
Re: Pearl Lake
Hit Pearl Lake again this morning. Same report as last time; 10 ft vis at best, most the time it was less. Checked out the schoolbus and gargoyle this time in addition to the other sites along the southeastern shore. I may go back one more time, just to check out the plane, but otherwise I think dive time may be better spent elsewhere.

All things considered, Pearl Lake is okay if you don't mind relatively low vis and feel like fooling around in the shallows. At least there's stuff to look at.......................

Matt
I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.
08-01-2011, 08:57 AM,
Re: Pearl Lake
I was there once maybe 6-7 years ago. My experience was pretty much the same as yours. Fortunately after diving the visibility of the honey's on the beach was much betterĀ  Wink.