Remember me
Lost Password Register

Which wreck moorings are out?
06-02-2011, 06:57 AM,
Which wreck moorings are out?
We are planning a dive this Sunday and would be interested in knowing which Lake Michigan wrecks already have the moorings on...between Gills Rock and Port Washington.
Adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble. <br />Nobody over eighteen in his right mind looks for it.
06-02-2011, 10:08 AM,
Re: Which wreck moorings are out?
In the Manitowoc area the wrecks that I know have bouy's up are the Vernon, Baldwin, Simmons, Home, Floretta & Dredge. I have not personally been to so can't vouch for the Gallinipper, Silver Lake, Allen or Gust. The Crane and Hinton are not on yet but might be by the end of the weekend. Baldwin, Dredge & Hinton are State Moorings, the rest are not. Jitka told me the Lakeland does not have a mooring but the sub is there and she planned to put a surface line on. Sub is also there on the Crane but no surface line.
06-03-2011, 03:51 PM,
Thank you Gary
That will help...
Adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble. <br />Nobody over eighteen in his right mind looks for it.
06-03-2011, 05:06 PM,
YOU could take a roll of rope and some jugs and help buoy them. Most of the buoys are installed and maintained by private individuals and local charter boats.
06-06-2011, 06:33 AM,
With the lake flat yesterday we dove the E.R. Williams and the Roen Barge.
Water temp was 46F on the Williams with vis at about 40'.
Temp was 43 on the Barge with vis at about 50'.
The tube mooring is already in place on the Williams.
We placed a small red plastic jug on the mooring rope of the Roen Barge...
06-06-2011, 07:22 PM,
Sweet! My first 100 ft dive was on the E.R. Williams 10 years ago. I'd like to go back sometime. I also remember the Roen Barge as being pretty cool. There was a bunch of good stuff up inside the barge to see.
06-07-2011, 07:05 AM,
You know Matt them were fun dives!  We should get a trip up there this summer!
06-07-2011, 12:40 PM,
We've been talking about it a little bit. Giver her a call and see what's available.
06-26-2011, 10:27 AM,
Had a nice easy dive on the Niagara yesterday afternoon.
Seasonal mooring is on.
Seas were flat with Vis about 40 feet and water temp at 54.
Lots of fish and little things to see if you poke around.
Thank you Divers Delight and Ralph & Tracy Ripple...