Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee
05-12-2011, 06:46 PM,
Wazee
A few of us will be up at Wazee this weekend, if anyone happens to be looking for something to do. We plan on meeting at Sherwood Forest on Saturday morning about 0830 and discussing where to go from there (boat launch, sites 1 & 2, stay put).

We're driving a blue silverado, white suburban, red sierra w/ trailer. Call if you get lost 414.803.0488

Matt
I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.
05-15-2011, 07:56 PM,
Re: Wazee
Just got back into town from a fun weekend of diving. Saturday we headed to Sherwood Forest and did a couple dives. First was to 121 ft- visibility was mediocre at best. Clarity was okay, maybe 15 ft or so, but it was overcast and VERY dark. Second dive was to 80 ft- same thing, but the dive was cut short because my dive buddy didn't do a good job at the "following" role and we got separated. (I did a poor job at "leading" as well because I evidentally wasn't turning around to verify everything was still OK often enough)

No harm, no foul. However, it was an important learning experience.

Sunday, we hit Site #1 for a morning dive to 140 ft- visibility was poor at best. Everything between 15-80 ft was a haze, maybe 10 ft at best. Once below 80 ft it cleared up to approx. 15-20 ft.

Temps were steady on all dives, 45 near the surface, 39 at depth.

Matt
05-16-2011, 12:46 PM,
I met Chris over by the Sherwood Forest ramp @ 9 am yesterday. Like you, we were separated soon into our dive and ended up solo. I was messing with some equipment on our descent through the trees and lost him somewhere along the way. Note: I need to do a better gear check before dives! I hit the 200 ft mark and started my ascent and swim back towards the entry point. It's black dark below 130, but above the 120 ft ledge it was bright enough, but visibility was poor. My shallow deco was bright and warm with 20 ft (ish) visibility. Our second dive was a shallow scooter dive out and around the platform and sunken boat off of the landing. We did get separated from time to time on that dive as well, but all you had to do was listen for the other scooter and it was easy to find each other. I had 44 degrees on the deepest part of my dive, and 50 degrees on my 20 ft stop.
05-16-2011, 04:39 PM,

Ahhhh, same bat place, same bat time yet no phone call. I see how it is.............................
05-16-2011, 08:14 PM,
Sorry, we had a few things to accomplish on the first dive. Maybe next time we can meet up. Do you have my #?
05-16-2011, 08:33 PM,

Ahhhh, same bat place, same bat time yet no phone call. I see how it is.............................
[/quote]

Chris is a bad influence also.
05-16-2011, 09:15 PM,

[/quote]

Chris is a bad influence also.

[/quote]

Doug is right, I'm a bad influence.
05-17-2011, 10:41 AM,

Yes, I believe I do. Don't worry about it. I would have been no fun anyways. I was spending the weekend dialing in my new twins and getting used to lugging around a 40.

Matt
05-17-2011, 11:59 AM,

Yes, I believe I do. Don't worry about it. I would have been no fun anyways. I was spending the weekend dialing in my new twins and getting used to lugging around a 40.

Matt
[/quote]
If you have an 80, lug that instead. They aren't much different under water, and if you can do the 80, the 40 will be a walk in the park.
05-17-2011, 12:18 PM,

Matt
[/quote]
I was dragging 3 80's and a 40. Two of the 80's weren't behaving very well.