Remember me
Lost Password Register

Rating
05-12-2011, 06:40 PM,
Rating
Turning out to be a great day.............just got a new Worthington LP 85 twinset.

My question pertains to the tank rating. If you get a 10% overfill for every "+" stamped onto the tank, why don't more people do it? Does it shorten the life of tank substantially? Is it just harder to find someone with a compressor that will pump a LP tank up to 3500 psi? Not that I need that much pressure, but I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance,
Matt
I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.
05-12-2011, 07:20 PM,
Re: Rating
It only shortens the life of the tank if you blast fill it 1000 times a year.  >Big Grin  People always want a number so they fill based on the number on the tank.  If they stamped the tank with a second pressure I would bet it would be more likely to get filled to that.
05-12-2011, 07:24 PM,
Most people don't have a clue what the "+" stands for. It's not about needing the pressure, it's about having it because you can. Nobody ever died because they had to much gas.
05-13-2011, 07:46 AM,
Thought I was gonna one time after eating about 2 lbs of dry roasted soy beans! >Big Grin
05-13-2011, 08:37 AM,
;D
05-13-2011, 09:02 AM,
Sounds delicious, did you chase that down with a cup full of wet sand? Soy is for hippies.
05-13-2011, 05:57 PM,
Matt, Just to make sure you understand, "+" are not cumulative, an LP tank will either be + stamped at hydro and be good for the additional 10%, or not stamped, in which case it is good to the rated pressure stamped on the cylinder.  The newest hydro mark is the only one that matters for the +.
Hope that helps,
Dave