Remember me
Lost Password Register

National Geographic Documentary on L.R. Doty to air next week
05-05-2011, 02:44 PM,
National Geographic Documentary on L.R. Doty to air next week
The National Geographic Documentary on the L.R. Doty and Olive Jeanette shipwrecks, titled "Ghost Ships of the Great Lakes" is scheduled to air on the National Geographic Channel at the following times:

Tuesday May 10, 9PM
Wed May 11, 12AM
Sat May 14, 6PM
Tue May, 17, 5PM

More information is at:

The movie trailer is at the following link:
05-05-2011, 05:38 PM,
Re: National Geographic Documentary on L.R. Doty to air next week
I checked out the trailer.  Looks like a very interesting show.  Some pretty shady types are involved.  I think that some of them use rebreathers.

Doug
05-05-2011, 06:21 PM,
You definitely can't trust those rebreather guys.....they can even sneak up on the burbots undetected......

Among the worst are:

John Janzen
John Scoles
Jitka Hanakova
Ken Merryman
Lubo Valuch
Dan Fountain
Jay Hanson
Ron Benson
Tracy Xelowski
Thaddius Bedford
Alan Williams

Other sneaky people to watch:

Jerry Guyer
Pete Scotland
Mark Rowe
Bob Baillod
Randy Beebe

For a complete list of the untrustworthy lot, visit:

BB
05-05-2011, 08:27 PM,
I have underwater video that is included in the Nat Geo Doty special, that I am sure everyone will enjoy.  At $100 per second of footage, the copy of the Lone Wolf check looks nice hanging on the wall of my office ;-)  For those who saw the presentation at the Ghost Ships show, the Doty video shown was what I shot, but what I’m excited to see is the outtakes and extras about threatening a Nat Geo photographer and vandalizing vehicles.  Hooo-Hooo, I can’t wait! 
05-06-2011, 08:47 AM,

I am very pleased to again be at the top of the list of the worst.  Great filler for my resume.  As you probably know, I work very hard to be a rotten person, to uphold a high degree of dishonesty in everything I do, to be plotting and devious in all my pursuits and to continuously screw over my friends and set them up for failure.  It's nice to see that I get proper credit. ;D
05-06-2011, 10:01 AM,
Aw I think you rebreather guys al alright! ;D
05-06-2011, 11:09 AM,
I'm looking forward to the video footage. I already have my DVR set up to record on Tuesday  Wink.
05-12-2011, 07:46 AM,
I watched the show late Tuesday after getting home from work @ 11:00 p.m. The connection to and consequent discovery of the Olive Jeanette were a nice addition to the featured L R Doty. I was a little disappointed in the lack of actual diving footage. Anybody remember hearing the depth of the Olive Jeanette? I would like to have a look at that wreck sometime soon.

05-12-2011, 09:33 AM,
Hi Matt;

The Olive Jeanette is at about 295 feet at the lake bottom.
05-12-2011, 11:08 AM,
Thanks John. Are numbers available yet?