Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wreck in Whitefish Bay
04-24-2011, 08:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-24-2011, 08:36 PM by Dewit2it.)
Wreck in Whitefish Bay
Looks like there's a wreck south of the Australasia in Whitefish Bay.  Rough guess at about 75' long, and between the first and second bars.  She has a square stern and centerboard trunk was visible.  From Bing Maps, one of the bird's eye pics shows her and the next doesn't.  However, the bars in the one seems like it may be closer and covering the wreck.  It could also be hidden in the debris between the bars.

This should be the pic that shows the wreck.

Edit: Looks like it picks up the pic just above it where it may be in the debris. Move the pic down until it loads a new pic and then move up.

Try this one and scroll up.
DEW >&ltWink)>
04-24-2011, 11:54 PM,
Re: Wreck in Whitefish Bay
Messing with Bing, I got a better image.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DEW >&ltWink)>
05-02-2011, 08:19 PM,
She fits the location of the Success.

Kinda ironic!  Sounds more like a demotivational poster.

Success:  If you succeed in failure, you make a great diving location. >Big Grin
DEW >&ltWink)>
05-03-2011, 04:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-03-2011, 08:40 PM by MNDiveLady.)
...I Like It!  It beats all those Motivational Posters at work!  :Smile 

And who doesn't need a cool new dive location!  ;D
I love to go down with other divers!
07-11-2011, 05:54 AM,
we poked around off that house but lost vis in 12' of water, she must be in about 12-15' of water if it clears up this weekend we will look again,unless sand covered
08-07-2011, 08:06 AM,
Ok after several dives near Whitefish bay and warm Deco stop temps in the 70's surface  we decided to swing in the bay and look one more time and here are the no#s she lays on the shore side of (3) the  third sand bar east off the brown house and now mostly now covered in sand with a small chunk of the keel section poking out of the sand with some hardware atached in aprox 7' of water.I am sure it changes with the winter storms yearly.water temps in the bay 74 deg F top
GPS No#s Success South of Whitefish Bay Dunes State park
N44 55.001N
W087 12.174
no real public access so boat would be the choice