Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee
10-09-2011, 06:26 PM,
Wazee
We hit Wazee this weekend and got in four dives. Visibility was pretty good, maybe 35 ft vertical and 20 ft horizontal once we got below 90 ft. Temperature was 39 F at depth. What a good weekend of October diving; who would have thought it'd be 80 F and sunny... Three dives were at Sherwood Forest, and one dive at Bluegill Alley on the northwest end. Found a cement-filled fire hydrant & dalmation, along with a full-size outhouse and park bench complete with street signs.

Matt
I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.
10-09-2011, 07:05 PM,
Re: Wazee
Ah Wazee.  Long time no see!  I wish I knew you were there, I would have stopped in to visit on Saturday as I was headed home from Illinois with our new (O.K. Gently used!) Honda Goldwing!
Glad to hear you guys had fun.
I love to go down with other divers!
10-16-2011, 08:38 AM,
Bill and I dove off the wall to Jimmy on Saturday.  The vis was the best I have ever
seen it below a 100.  At 180 you could see the differant silt across the bottom.  When
we came to the drop down to Jimmy you could see him from there.  Absolutely the best
dive that I have had there.
Brian Anderson<br />www.mn-blackdogdiving.com
10-16-2011, 09:02 AM,
Myself and Dave S. dove at Sherwood, poor vis. shallow due to wave action but much better at depth. After our first dive exiting the water Dave's reel was sitting on one of the tables. When we arrive earlier there were 3 freedivers on site. They must of found it and placed it on the table. Big Thanks to honest people.

Al
10-16-2011, 03:50 PM,
there are honest people in this world
10-17-2011, 11:20 AM,

Ya, but getting harder to come by..
10-17-2011, 07:16 PM,

Ya, but getting harder to come by..
[/quote]
Depending on who you associate with. I've been diving pretty actively for over 10 years, and have yet to meet a real turd. I have met a few Bozo's over the years, but none that were truly bad people.
10-17-2011, 09:01 PM,
It's not really who you are associated with, but more of who finds the missing item.  If the item is lost in the water and another diver finds it,  more than likely the item will be returned.  If the item is left on shore by mistake and someone passing by finds it, kiss it goodbye.  If you dive the mines in Minnesota, you will know what I am talking about.
11-08-2011, 07:22 PM,
I'll be at Wazee this weekend if anyone is interested. I think there will be a handful of us diving on Saturday, but I'll most likely be solo on Sunday.

Matt
11-12-2011, 07:01 PM,
Just got back from a day at Wazee. First dive, we dropped to 160@ the wall. Visibility was pretty poor, maybe 10 ft at depth, 39 F, dark and murky. My first time switching to a deco gas went smoothly at 70 ft, and the vis came back (maybe 30 ft). Rolled back up to the shallows and played tic-tac-toe while we waited to get out. Second dive was down to 87 ft which was right around where we lost the horizontal viz on the first dive. Nothing too exciting to see but a good chance to get out none the less. They took all the bouys out, so you have to make an educated guess to find platforms, bottom markers, etc.