Re: Conditions out at Wazee
Hmmm. where's that "like" button?  Smile
04-13-2011, 04:52 PM,
Sweet!

Who is up for some diving?
04-23-2011, 04:45 PM,
Did a few dives at The Wall at Wazee today. Visibility wasn't so hot, 10-15ft and cloudy.  We went as deep as 110ft and it didn't clear up.  Temp was 42F the times I checked it.
04-23-2011, 06:27 PM,
I had 41 deg F almost the whole dive.  Level is quit a bit.  I think that all this rain and wind had an effect on the visibility.  Fish are starting to move, saw walleye, suckers and bass.

Pools is open.

Doug

05-07-2011, 11:55 PM,
Lake Wazee is up to 45 deg F.  A little taste of ice diving right now.  Visibility is 10-15 feet.  Does not look much better at depth.  Was a lot better when ice diving in January.

Fish are starting to show up.  Suckers in schools.  Bass starting to hang around their spawn beds.  Saw a big walleye (+24 inch) hanging in the weeds on the end of the walleye run.

Water level is up to as high as I have ever seen it.

Still fun but looking for the visibility to improve.

Doug
05-08-2011, 11:18 AM,
Checked my log book of a year ago.  Had surface temperatures of 53 deg F this time last year.

Doug
05-21-2011, 07:35 AM,
Did two dives at Wazee yesterday with Dave S. Nice day, little windy but that didn't seem to bother us once under water. Still cloudy down to about 60ft or so, then going deeper opened up nicely with maybe 20ft+ or so of vis.
First dive was out to Hoffa, second was along the wall to the north. Dove the "The Wall" on the west side.
Bottom temp 40 but did have a thermocline starting around 20ft or so. Made deco more comfortable.

Al
05-22-2011, 04:37 PM,
It was a spectacular weekend at Wazee; with very warm wind and light rain on Saturday afternoon, and Sunny with a light breeze on Sunday...just enough to keep the gnats at bay.  Water temps were 48 in shallows, and vis was very good down till about 150 then it got a bit murky. 

Kat and Mike completed their Trimix OC and CCR training with some great dives and last dive to see Jimmy H taking a nap on his rock.

I only saw two other vehicles at site one, and no other divers? 

Keith was doing the Maytag repairman job, so we stopped by to bug him and get some gas fills.

Great diving and fun class, congrats Kat and Mike!

Ron

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   WZ2 A.JPG (Size: 121.91 KB / Downloads: 77)
.jpg   WZ0 A.JPG (Size: 115.21 KB / Downloads: 75)
05-22-2011, 05:01 PM,
I was out there on Saturday and you are right, the place was empty.  Only saw you and a few others at the Wall, no one at Sherwood, and one diver going in as I was ending my dive.  Very strange.  Did see a bald eagle chase an osprey that had caught a fish.  That was really cool.  The bald eagle perched in a tree next to me and watch we gear up and enter the water.  Probably was trying to figure out if he could lift me out to his nest for a snack.

Good diving and at least the water is comfortable compared to two weeks ago.

Doug

05-22-2011, 06:39 PM,
The eagle landed in a tree only a few yards away from us, very pretty bird.