Remember me
Lost Password Register

North Florida and Pompano Shipwrecks
03-09-2011, 07:55 PM,
North Florida and Pompano Shipwrecks
Chris and Thad are almost done with their training and we are headed to Pompano to do some deep shipwrecks.  We started at Orange Grove Sink, which was nice and not too busy, then off to Blue Grotto which was excellent due to low numbers of divers, and today we finished off skills at 40 Fathom Grotto in Ocala.  The 40 Fathom Grotto is getting better each time I visit, and this visit we saw a chlorine truck pull into the parking lot...I guess they are nuking the pool?  Anyway, whatever they are doing is working.

The spring pools make great training sites, with vizibility, warm water, controlled environment, easy access, almost unlimited depths...

Great fun and weather is niz, now off to dive the wrecks

Deep Thought

Attached Files
.jpg   Blue Grotto 2.jpg (Size: 236.88 KB / Downloads: 74)
.jpg   Blue Grotto 2.jpg (Size: 236.88 KB / Downloads: 74)
03-11-2011, 06:29 PM,
Re: North Florida and Pompano Shipwrecks
Thad and Chris had great dives on the Miller Lite and Clinton. Lots of fish on the wrecks, when we were not crawling through the nooks and crannies... Tomorrow is Hydro, then RBJ. 
03-14-2011, 07:17 PM,
Thad and Chris completed the ccr trimix course in style and are now ready to join the local tech charters!!!! look for these guys on the boats soon.

Here are some pictures of them diving the Hydro Atlantic, a great wreck with lots of structure, fish live, and colorful corals.

Local tech diving season on the Great Lakes is almost here.

Ron

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Thad Arch.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.99 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   Thad Chris Hydro.jpg (Size: 78.74 KB / Downloads: 69)
.jpg   Chris Dive Stud.jpg (Size: 92.62 KB / Downloads: 64)
03-14-2011, 09:05 PM,
Excellent!!!  Congratulations guys!!