Remember me
Lost Password Register

Halcyon wings
03-26-2003, 07:00 PM,
Halcyon wings
I got a great deal on a Halcyon 36# wing today. Can anyone tell me if I need to get a plate with slots for the bands or can I use my OMS plate with the STA. The wing is the new style with the rods/STA built in....Thanks

matt
03-26-2003, 08:33 PM,
Re:Halcyon wings
Hey Matt, nice choice. My 36# pioneer should arrive next week. Wink
--Jason
03-26-2003, 09:49 PM,
I use a Diverite backplate with my 27 pound wing. Best BC I've ever owned- hands down. ;D

Jon
03-27-2003, 06:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2003, 06:27 PM by matt t..)
Freedive Wi,

Do you use a STA, or does your Dive Rite plate have the slots for the cam bands?

Matt
03-27-2003, 08:24 PM,
I use the Diverite STA since I have an older model Halcyon wing.

When it comes to Double wings Diverite, Halcyon and even a FEW of the OMS wings all do a fine job. However, when comes to single tanks, there is no finer wing than a Halcyon and no BC comes close to the streamlined comfort and durability of a wing. The whole thing packs a lot smaller than my old transpac for travel too. The doughnut design of the air bladder is the key feature that makes the ahlcyon wing so nice.

I believe that Gert, a.k.a. Deep Blue, has some of the new Halcyon single tank wings that don't use any adaptors. He might even have some in rental at his new shop to try out.

Jon
03-31-2003, 03:51 PM,
I wish I would have known about the Deep Blue shop before I ordered the wing. Gert, I'll order the next one from you. Wink

My wing is still on backorder with Halcyon. It sounds like they need to ramp up the production a bit.
--Jason
03-31-2003, 04:33 PM,
Call Pirates Cove in Milwaukee. They have a bunch of Halcyon rigs in stock. I don't like to wait on the back order game myself. Usually if I have to wait for something I'll order it from Leisure Pro. I figure if I have to wait it'll at least be cheaper....I bought my Halcyon wing "slightly" used from the used gear page on Cavediver.net, and the backplate used off of the GUE used gear page. There's usually a bunch of great stuff on these sites. You just need to hit them at the right time.
03-31-2003, 05:54 PM,
Good point Matt. Jerry, of Pirate's Cove, did mention that he just got in an order of Halcyon wings for rental and sale.

I would really have my butt in a sling if I didn't mention that he sold them. Wink

Jon