Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pressure Gauge
02-11-2011, 09:17 PM,
Pressure Gauge
What's the general consensus on a screw-in pressure gauge on 1st stage of pony bottle VS. a gauge on short hose?

Why one way over the other?

Matt
I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.
02-11-2011, 09:39 PM,
Re: Pressure Gauge
...I've done both....for me - mounting on the first stage was a bit cleaner....downside of the hose mount was having the additional hose, but, easier to check...
02-12-2011, 10:28 AM,
The larger gauge on a 6" hose is easier to read and more accurate than the small screw in gauge. With the smaller screw in gauge you do eliminate a few of the o-ring failure points, but IMO it's not worth messing with except to save some $$$. I have the small screw in gauges on a couple of inflation bottle regs. They more or less tell me that I do/don't have some gas left in the bottle.
02-12-2011, 02:50 PM,
I use the small button gauge on my bail out bottles. The six inch is something more to get tangled up in the weeds and junk on bottom. We use 19 cu. foot bottles, most of are diving is in the ten to twenty foot depths. We like to say if you get in trouble just stand up and wave. I just got a led light that clamps on the side of our AGAs it runs on two double AA battery's and is super bright. If you get the two brackets you can mount one on each side and there is room for a small TV camera also.