Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cozumel
04-07-2004, 12:24 AM,
Re:Cozumel
After a morning of diving we went to town. You have to go there at least once. It is fun, but devoted to shopping by day and hard party's at night. I can drink plenty at the resort, drunk by 5 is my motto.

Here is what a touist trap looks like if you have missed the experience.
We have them in Wisconsin too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Cozumel_City_-_Mercado_-_2_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.89 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-07-2004, 12:28 AM,
We went to the Columbia wall on the next day. We saw a lot of sea turtles on this trip but they are hard to get good pictures of.

Here is one of these devils on an attack run at me. This turtle got within arms reach in the end. A nice encounter.

.jpg_thumb   Columbia_Deep_-_Green_Sea_Turtle_-_3_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 40.05 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-07-2004, 12:33 AM,
One of the things that I liked about Cozumel was the variety of fish that I had not seen before and the great examples of littler fish on this reef. Here is a hamlet that I though really looked neat on the next dive on Columbia Shallow.

.jpg_thumb   Columbia_Shallow_-_Barred_Hamlet_-_1_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 43.23 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-07-2004, 12:36 AM,
We finally got a night dive going. Here we are waiting for the dive to start. There are great sunsets in the tropics.

Watch what you say, thats my daughter.

.jpg_thumb   Dive_Boat_-_Megan_-_7_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 29.02 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-07-2004, 12:38 AM,
The night dive was at San Clemete and was a wild ride as the current was really moving. Very hard to take pictures in this current, but it still was fun.

Here is my favorite sealife looking at you.

.jpg_thumb   San_Clemente_Night_-_Octopus_-_1_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.19 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-07-2004, 12:42 AM,
The next day it was Santa Rosa. I finally got the hang of using my strobe. WIth it I got a great shot of a squirrelfish. You really need the strobe to get the colors right.

.jpg_thumb   Santa_Rosa_-_Squirrelfish_-_5_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 41.61 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-07-2004, 12:47 AM,
Next was San Fransisco. There are a lot of lobsters in Cozumel. We saw some real monsters. We should have spent more time eating them.

.jpg_thumb   San_Fransisco_-_Spiney_Lobster_-_5_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 40.29 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-07-2004, 12:50 AM,
On the final day of diving we saw a lot of sharks and other interesting creatures. I wonder if the grouper is concerned about the nurse shark?

The tang that were in this area were plenty aggitated when this shark came out.

.jpg_thumb   Punta_Tunich_San_Clemente_-_Nurse_Shark_-_2_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.42 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-07-2004, 12:54 AM,
On the last dive I spent some time getting some good pictures of small things. Here is a coral that shows there is beauty all around us, you just have to look for it.

.jpg_thumb   Santa_Rosa_-_Coral_-_38_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 53.22 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-07-2004, 12:56 AM,
When we finished up diving we needed to rehydrate. Here is my favorite spot.

.jpg_thumb   Reef_Club_VIP_Bar_-_Vip_Bar_-_4_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.29 KB / Downloads: 0)