Remember me
Lost Password Register

Red Granite, Wis.
02-01-2011, 02:27 PM,
Red Granite, Wis.
Some one was good enough to tell me how to get there. Thank you. I would like more info. on the diving and the fac. there. I think that this summer I will take time and run down there for a dive or two.
Is there air in the area for fills or will I have to bring my own. How about places to stay and eat?
02-02-2011, 07:41 AM,
Re: Red Granite, Wis.
I wouldn't make the trip from Minneapolis to dive here, unless something else brings you to the area. At this point in time the visibility and general condition of the area surrounding the quarry don't make it worth the drive even from Milwaukee. With the announcement of the new plans for the quarry, I'd give it a year and wait for some reports on how things are going before making the trip. That said, if you just HAVE to come, there is a good cafe style restaurant on the east side of Red Granite called "The Curve Inn". Everything there is good. The closest hotel is , but there may also some places to stay in Wautoma which is 7-8 miles west. Air fills are going to be a problem as there aren't any shops close to the quarry. Others may chime in, but I think the closest shops are probably in Oshkosh or Stevens Point. I don't know if you've been to Wazee in Black River Falls, but I would recommend going there over Red Granite, at least until the improvements are done there.