Remember me
Lost Password Register

TDI CCR Text Book Review
12-22-2010, 10:10 PM,
TDI CCR Text Book Review
I have just completed reading the TDI Diving Rebreathers – Student Manual – A Complete Guide To Air Diluent Closed Circuit Rebeather Diving, written by Kevin Gurr.  This is an exceptional book, comprehensive, well written, easy to understand the author, and very informative.  For any diver considering a fully closed circuit rebreather, I would highly recommend the text.

This book is 159 pages of text, plus appendix, illustrations, and pictures.  The chapter subjects are:

1.  History
2.  Rebreather Concept
3.  Physiology
4.  Physics
5.  Function & Design
6.  Gas Management
7.  Dive Procedures
8.  Emergencies
9.  Maintenance
10.  Air Diluent Decompression
A1 . Survivors Guide
A2. Tables

You can't argue with Kevin's long history in diving fully closed circuit rebreathers, and the survivors guide is written with the experiences he has gathered, plus his extensive work with building his own line of rebreathers.  It is a great tool to learn all you can about rebreathers, and most likely the text book of choice for your rebreather Mod 1 course.

This book can be purchased at any local dive store that teaches TDI technical diving courses.  Pick one up today and start reading about the current trend in technical diving – I used to say “the future”, but that has already come ;-)

Good Reading

Ron

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   TDI CCR.jpg (Size: 103.78 KB / Downloads: 78)
12-23-2010, 11:29 AM,
Re: TDI CCR Text Book Review
Thanks for the tip Ron. I had heard about this a while back, but didn't know it had come out yet. Ironic that Kevin Gurr is the author, yet the rebreather that I own that was built by him didn't have a book for the TDI class other than the manufacturers instruction manual  Wink.
12-23-2010, 05:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2010, 05:41 PM by deep thought.)
Re: TDI CCR Text Book Review
Matt

Don't feel bad about not having a manual, I've got a couple ccr units that I teach that the manufacture does not even have an owners manual!  To Kevins defense (or perhaps TDI urge) he does give a lot of credit / pictures / description of the AP family of rebreathers, and mentions the rebreathers available at date of writing.  You don't think this is a Brit conspiracy do you???  If they keep this up, we'll throw their tea in the harbor and take over their colony....:Smile

It is a great book for new divers looking at CCR's and as an instructor, I like to have as many resources as possible to provide students.

HH

Ron