Remember me
Lost Password Register

New Redgranite Wisconsin Diving facility
12-16-2010, 11:50 PM,
Re: New Redgranite Wisconsin Diving facility
thanks doug i helped pull that picknic table out of the water and matt l if you dont like diveing there go dive somewhere else more water for the people that wanna help make more places diver friendly how you like my second post? 8)
12-17-2010, 12:51 AM,

Boy that is not a great way to make friends when you are new on the board!  No matter what your diving expirence is!
Mike that is a 16 year old attitude!!! :o
12-17-2010, 08:13 AM,
A little more coherent than the 1st, but still pretty lame. I'd give it a C-.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

12-17-2010, 10:34 AM,

This might help your cause.

12-17-2010, 10:43 AM,
  Come on lets try to play nice. lol ;D
I had a great meeting about what it is going to take to clear the the water up.
it is going to cost$$$$$$ but  I left quite optimistic about it..
but the way where is the love?? n am not feeling it ;D
12-17-2010, 11:01 AM,
There's plenty of love! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
12-17-2010, 11:07 AM,

This might help your cause.

[/quote]
Or, maybe just add to his confusion  ;D.
12-17-2010, 11:20 AM,
Neill,
I'd be interested to know what is recommended for a filtration project of that scope.  Can you share any details?  Is your filtration system, and this crazy project for that matter, going to be privately funded or did the Redgranite get some sort of grant for this?    Although public safety is a reasonable goal, I only recall hearing about a few fatalities at the quarry.  What is the estimated current annual use of the quarry?  Clearly you are hoping to draw some business from other areas.  Lake Wazee comes to mind.  Seems like a very lofty goal for such a small blip on the map?

Chris 

12-17-2010, 12:19 PM,
Chris I just talked to Neil!  He has some ideas an is open to others!  Sounds to me as he wants to use the Quarry to bring people in to a restrant an banquette place!  He does seem to like the more extream sports!!!!!!  An said he will be taking Certification classes! 
Maybe this wont be bad! :o
I was quite worryied about the thing myself! 
Jeff
12-26-2010, 12:47 AM,
I am curious about the clean-up ideas.  I currently work with just about every type of solid-liquid separation technologies and have a good idea what works when.  There are some difficult challenges and potential solutions in cleaning up a quarry.  The root cause of the change in visibility at Red Granite would be a good starting point.  Clean-up efforts at Devil's Lake may offers some clues.

Doug