Remember me
Lost Password Register

New Redgranite Wisconsin Diving facility
07-23-2011, 12:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2011, 01:18 PM by matt t..)
Re: New Redgranite Wisconsin Diving facility
Not as of a couple of weeks ago. I have to say that it looks much better now that vegetation has grown in in some places, but I haven't seen any evidence of any of the other improvements.
07-23-2011, 01:06 PM,
Thanks for the reply.  I hope to dive there in the next couple of weeks and will post conditions if/when I do.
07-23-2011, 06:52 PM,
Did one dive at Redgranite today. At 65'-70' we had around 8'-10' vis. Had a max. depth of 85' with less vis and light. Still cold at depth, 39 degrees. Everything around the place looks the same to me.
07-27-2011, 04:31 PM,
I would be curious about the progress on the project and I did not see much on facebook.  This could bring me back to dive there again.  I have always liked ice diving but we stopped coming up in the summer due to the obnoxious kids that would congregate there.  Also there was a traditional meal at the eats place next to the quarry.  If the dive was on a saturday we would visit a store in town I think was called Mosures?  I would be a real drag to drive up there and find some massive entrance fee as well.
07-27-2011, 06:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-27-2011, 06:51 PM by matt t..)
I've been hoping the guys working on the quarry would pop in with some info, but they haven't been around for quite a while. There is an E-mail address for them on the first post in this thread if somebody wants to check in with them and get an update for us.
07-27-2011, 07:29 PM,
I asked because I had not heard anything in a long while either.  I hope someone posts with new information.
07-29-2011, 09:37 AM,
I sent Neill an E-mail yesterday at the address he listed in the first post. I pointed him back to this thread and let him know there is some interest in how the project is coming along. After sending the E-mail I checked the Facebook page for "Redgranite Divers Oasis" and saw that there are only 2 members, and no updates in months. Maybe things are on hold.
07-30-2011, 08:57 AM,
Doesn't look promising, does it?