Remember me
Lost Password Register

That time of year.
10-11-2010, 07:21 AM,
That time of year.
Sorry to have to report that the bouy harvest season has begun in the Manitowoc area. We removed the state marker from the Hinton this weekend. We did leave a tag line and a detergent bottle float on it so you can still dive it. Markers are still on the Dredge and Baldwin....for now. The "illegal" permanent markers are still on the wrecks that were not already cut off ie. the ones south of Manitowoc. Those north of Manty/TR are mostly cut off as you probably know.

P.S. water temp this weekend was in the 50's all the way to the bottom!!! However viz was only about 30'.

Gary
10-11-2010, 11:37 AM,
Re: That time of year.
Gary- As always thanks to you and Randy for taking care of the bouys in your region of the lake.  There are so many people that appreciate using them during the season.

Do you know if the Selah Chamberlain bouy and Hetty Taylor bouy were pulled in Sheboygan?
10-11-2010, 12:08 PM,
Were they cut off at the surface or were subfloats gone too?
10-11-2010, 12:23 PM,
Don't know Tami. Last I heard they're still on unless they were just pulled.

Lines that have been cut are cut below the surface float but above the sub. If the viz is good and you're good with a "ninja hook" ala Deadliest Catch, you can hook the sub and then tie off a temporary line....tie a loop in the end of the remaining line then slip a line through the loop and tie off a bridle on your bow. Or if we've already done that their may already be a loop at the end of the cut line.

Gary
10-12-2010, 07:02 AM,
Tami We were planning to pull them this weekend unless tou want some other plan
Divers' Delight Scuba Charter
10-12-2010, 07:52 AM,

That would be fantastic.  Thanks for taking care of getting those put up for the winter.  Let me know if you think any of the hardware needs to be replaced for next season and I'll get that up to you.