Remember me
Lost Password Register

Doubles reg.
08-30-2010, 08:46 PM,
Doubles reg.
I am looking to put together a dedicated regulator set for doubles. I use Apeks now and am very happy with that so I would like to stay with Apeks. What I am undecided on is to go with the Tec 3 or two XTX50's. Any thoughts?
08-30-2010, 10:55 PM,
Re: Doubles reg.
Can't go wrong with either. Performance will be identical. What is the price difference (considering you will need to buy correct length hoses for the XTX 50's)?
09-01-2010, 07:26 AM,
My main thought between the two is the hose routing. To me it looks like the first stage on the XTX50 would be easier. I have seen a fifth LP port available for the XTX50 which looks like it will make the crossing hoses more in line.  I have the longer hoses on my single reg. and my secondary reg. on a necklace so I could get more familiar with the configuration.
For the most part I like the XTX50 but since the Tec 3 is made just for doubles I thought I might be missing something.
09-01-2010, 12:30 PM,
The 5th port is only available for the DST (dry sealed turret) 1st stage. I'm not sure if you were interested in the DST or DS4 1st stage with the XTX 50 2nd. I have a bunch of TX 50/DS4 regs and a set of newer XTX 200 regs. There's never been a problem with hose routing on the DS4's for me. Some like the 5th port (Scubapro has had that bottom port for years) but it never made a difference to me. Let us know what you buy.
09-12-2010, 08:33 PM,
I decided to go with the XTX 50 with the DST first stage. I didn't get the fifth port so far. I would like to see how they set up and go from there. When it can down to it, the XTX50 does give me the option of using them for a single set up even though I have no need to. Thanks Matt for your help.
09-13-2010, 07:09 AM,
Cool. Now get out and get them wet!