Remember me
Lost Password Register

Where's the Continental?
08-22-2010, 08:22 PM,
Where's the Continental?
Saw the sign at Point Beach State Park, but where is she from shore?
DEW >&ltWink)>
08-22-2010, 11:37 PM,
Re: Where's the Continental?
About a 1/4-1/2 mile north of the Maritime Trails Marker and north of the park.  You can't get there from the park.  But you can see the cylinder head of the engine above the surface of the water and you can actually just see this from the sign/park on a clear day.  The better way to access the site is from Oak Dr. - north of the park.  There is a strip of land that is public access- very narrow between two properties.  If you drive down there, it will become obvious when you look for it. Make sure to stay on the path and do not go on private property, and be careful not to park where you shouldn't.  From the access point, it is a little bit south and a short swim.  Have fun.

08-24-2010, 07:13 AM,
Thanks!
DEW >&ltWink)>
08-24-2010, 02:13 PM,
Thought you might like this too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

09-07-2010, 08:05 PM,
Stopped by and found what looked to be a driveway with a No Trespassing sign across it.  I talked to a local, and he said that was it, and not to worry about the sign.  "It's made to scare the troublemakers off."  Took a look and the engine is about 1 1/2' out of the water and closer to shore than I thought.  The swim looks about the same as the Fleetwing from the boat landing.  It also looks shallower than 15' and kinda looks like it's in between two sandbars.

Looks like my next dive!
DEW >&ltWink)>