Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pearl Lake & Haigh Quarry
07-29-2010, 08:16 AM,
Pearl Lake & Haigh Quarry
A friend and I did a little two day trip.  The first day we dove Pearl Lake for the first time.  Water temp at surface was 79 degrees and visiblility was around 10 feet.  It was a neat place to dive, only four other divers there all day.  The second day we dove Haigh Quarry, first time there again.  We really enjoyed diving here, there were a lot of fish to see.  Water temp was low 80's at surface and low 60's down around 25 feet.  Visibility was really good at around 20-25 feet.  We will definitely go back here again.
07-30-2010, 08:22 PM,
Re: Pearl Lake & Haigh Quarry
Where are these places?  I live in Antigo, and have dove some ship wrecks in Lake Superior but don't know where do dive around Wisconsin?
07-31-2010, 05:41 AM,
Pearl Lake is in South Beloit, IL (just over the border into IL). Haige is in Kankakee, IL (about an hour + south of Chicago). Both are quite a ride from you.

Wazee in Black River Falls is very popular as is Devil's Lake in Baraboo. Your average depth in Devil's will be about 20 feet. At Wazee you can get much deeper depending on your training.
08-01-2010, 01:23 AM,

It is about 140 miles to Lake Wazee.

Fortune Pond near Crystal Falls, MI is about 100 miles from Antigo and has just as good clarity.

There are some good lakes in the Woodruff/Minocqua area and is 80 miles from Antigo.  The guys at Timber Bay can help you here.

Sturgeon Bay is about 140 miles from Antigo and there are plenty of shore dives as well as charters on Lake Michigan.

Keep asking around.  If something works out, let me know, I may join you.

Doug