Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee accident
07-10-2010, 06:47 PM,
Lake Wazee accident
Anyone have any info on the diving accident today at Wazee? Our group was aparently 150 feet under it and at or near the same location but saw nothing. I know nothing other than a diver got carted off via ambulance and may have died.
07-10-2010, 10:29 PM,
Re: Lake Wazee accident
07-10-2010, 10:33 PM,
Please out of respect of the divers and their families let this go and close this thread, so as to not start rumors.

Thanks,

Timm
07-11-2010, 06:21 AM,
Respect will be shown, and I'm sorry for the losses. If you have any pertinent correct info you should post it so rumors will NOT be started. It is common practice for diving accidents to be studied and discussed on forums.
07-11-2010, 06:57 AM,

You are 100% correct Matt. Anytime a diver passes away while diving its a terrible tragedy. The unexpected loss has to be very traumatic for family and love ones. My heart goes out to all of them.
In due time finding out what mistakes "might" of been made can only help to make the rest of us safer divers.  We all make mistakes, were all human.
May these divers RIP.

al
07-11-2010, 08:25 AM,
I fully disagree with you regarding this is the time and place to discuss diving fatalities and accidents...its only a means for rumors and gossip.  Yes I know what exactly happened and to whom, however this is not the time or the place to discuss it.  If you want to read about diver accidents and learn from them go to places like DAN and read the analyzed reports..not some cyber diver's opinion.  No offense but forumns like these are full of cyber divers who think they know everything, a lot of them spend more time typing then diving.  Again these forumns are not the place to discuss diver fatalities or accidents....maybe and strong maybe at that....only if the person or family it happens to posts it.  The rest are just an avenue for gossip and rumors.

07-11-2010, 08:43 AM,
[/quote]
07-11-2010, 08:56 AM,
If the family or individual makes the post I have no issues with the discussion, any other posts is disrespectful.  So until the family posts this information, let it go or choose to be disrespectful.  If you want to read and learn about diver accidents and fatalities go visit DAN, as I am pretty sure there is more information there that you can learn from than some cyber diver's opinion.

07-11-2010, 09:49 AM,
Tim,
"Let it go..."?  You have the most posts on this topic, have added to the interest by claiming to know all the details, and have proclaimed that your assessment of disrespect is the only valid definition, inviting even more commentary.
Let it go....
07-11-2010, 02:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2010, 02:55 PM by matt t..)
I guess it's lucky we live in America, so we ARE all free to disagree. I am a pretty active diver, and I also enjoy time on the computer discussing diving. I'm still waiting for the original dive plan and facts on what actually happened. Until that information comes out there isn't much more to discuss. EDIT: Obviously we're not the only divers interested in this.