Remember me
Lost Password Register

HELP VACATION IDEAS
06-25-2010, 11:49 AM,
HELP VACATION IDEAS
Hi Guys!

I need some advice. The wife and I are planning on getting a weekend away from the kids. I want to know if you guys could recommend a place we could possible get a cabin and be close to a place where we could dive and get dive equipment. We are new to diving so we aren't looking for anything too wild. Just a place to get more practice for two days while we relax in Wisconsin.

Thanks Guys!
06-25-2010, 12:21 PM,
Re: HELP VACATION IDEAS
By the way, we live in sothern Wisconsin (Beloit). I hope to stay within a 2 hour drive from here.

Thanks again!
06-25-2010, 01:01 PM,
Have you ever heard of Lake Lenwood out of West Bend we used to stay there a few years ago it was quite and on a clear lake with good swimming and there was a dive shop there I believe the name was Divers Delight.
06-26-2010, 07:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2010, 07:13 AM by matt t..)
Getting a cottage at this late date might be tough. Anywhere worth going was probably booked up last winter already. You may want to consider going up to Wazee for a few days. There are a few reasonably priced hotels nearby that include breakfast, and decent beginner diving at a few of the sites at Wazee, usually with o.k. visibility. Gear and fills are available at Wazee Sports. I myself wouldn't bother with an inland lake unless you know it's got good visibility before you go there.
06-28-2010, 07:56 PM,
I would go with Wazee also.  At least you will have some visibility to work with.  Heck, you may even see me out there.

Doug
07-16-2010, 02:27 PM,
you can always camp at Pearl Lake but I suppose that's not getting away for you if you live right there. Plus, I am not sure if the dive shop there will rent or not.  I know they will, if say you forgot something.
07-31-2010, 05:34 AM,
Pearl Lake is a fun dive spot, but they do not rent gear. You can get air fills though. It is a great spot for newer divers as you don't have to go very deep to see all the wreckage in the water. It can feel pretty cold though. Be sure to bring a hood and gloves in addition to a wetsuit.