Remember me
Lost Password Register

Shore diving Lake Michigan
06-11-2010, 11:29 AM,
Shore diving Lake Michigan
I was wondering if there is any good shore diving for Lake Michigan?  I live close to West Bend, so I would be looking for area's from Milwaukee north to Sheboygan.  Also, if anyone know of any good web sites for shore diving Lake Michigan, could you please post.  Thanks for any help.
06-11-2010, 04:51 PM,
Re: Shore diving Lake Michigan
You could try Harrington Beach State Park in Belgium. It's a haul to get your gear back in there. I did it once but it was a rough entry with some big waves so I aborted the mission. I've heard that there used to be a peer off the point there. Or you could stay on Hwy D past the park. I believe you can park your car there and walk right in. It's pretty shallow and stays that way for while.

WW
06-12-2010, 07:28 PM,
There are a number of good places off Port Washington area.  There is an old pier off Harrington Beach that is often a popular spot to go.  There is a wreck called the Toledo just off the breakwall in Port Washington.  Is a bit of a swim (about 300 feet from the breakwall).  There is the Appomatox and the Sebastable (not sure on the spelling on those) off Milwaukee.  There are also charters that will take you out if you want to do some of the local wrecks not reachable by shore diving.
06-13-2010, 07:04 AM,
Thanks for the help.  Right now I am just looking for some shore diving, nothing from a boat.  The Toledo wreck by Port Washington sounds interesting, I might have to look into that one.
06-13-2010, 07:01 PM,
If you are interested in taking a drive up to Door County, check out Green Bay Scuba's Dive Sites of Door County Listing. They have the info on their web site now.

Dennis
Dennis