Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lost weight pocket and weight.
06-01-2010, 10:29 AM,
Lost weight pocket and weight.
Dad lost a weight pouch at cave point yesterday straight out from the point at the northern edge of the park in about 10-15 feet of water.
06-03-2010, 09:27 AM,
Re: Lost weight pocket and weight.
How close to the rock shelf were you?  Past the rubble?  North edge of county park or state park?

I'm looking to sweep the shelves again with the video camera on scuba.  Last time I was up there it was pretty green.  Did it clear out?
DEW >&ltWink)>
06-03-2010, 01:36 PM,
Re: Lost weight pocket and weight.
I'm thinking he was about 50 yards out from the north tip of the shelf where you enter the water at the county park.  As you walk down to the water from the parking lot past the geological sign, went left about 50 feet and entered the water on that rock shelf.  We swam straight out aways to get some depth and then headed north because there was a little current running south.  He knows about where he was when he started to have bouyancy issues.  He thought his dump valve wasn't working, by the time he realized he had lost his whole pouch, we were both unsuited on land already.  We might get up there tomarrow if he can get a temporary pouch from the Aqua Center in GB.  The vis wasn't that great, it was still really green, 20-25 feet.  Three inches or more of neon green slime on the bottom, the farther you went out, the better, but still not that great.  If you do find it, give me a call 920-536-0201 like i said we might get up there tomarrow morning before the weather turns (hopefully).

Thanks
Chris