Remember me
Lost Password Register

Destination Caribbean
04-21-2010, 05:51 PM,
Destination Caribbean
Hi,

Looking for a location to get married in the Caribbean that is not too expensive for our guests but has good diving.  Anyone have any advice on this?  We were looking at St. Thomas but it seems quite pricey.  Now we are back to square one.  We are looking at anything from all inclusive resorts to just plain ole hotels or bread and breakfasts. 

Thanks so much!
Jamie
04-21-2010, 07:04 PM,
Re: Destination Caribbean
Check out Cozumel. The dive shop to use is Del Mar Aquatic. Hotel I would use is Hotel Cozumel We have been sending people there for the last ten years and never hah a complaint.
04-21-2010, 07:12 PM,
I have seen good weddings put on in Cozumel at Wyndham Reef Club and Bonaire at Buddy's Dive.

You should be able to get reasonable deals at either place.

Doug
04-22-2010, 08:25 AM,
I've been to the Iberostar Cozumel twice now and I loved it.  They have a gorgeous place on the beach and Dressel Divers are very professional.  It isn't very expensive either.  The downside is they are located on the far south side of the island, it is a ways from town.  $18 Bucks for a cab ride to downtown.
Best part is, quiet, very relaxing.  The reefs are located by 2 - 5 minute boat ride, and the best beaches are there too.

I can send some pic's if you would like.

I also been to the Grand Palladium in Rivera Maya side too.  Cozumel Diving is a whole lot better, but the resorts have more to offer your guests if they are not divers.  Diving isn't bad, just not Cozumel.  Most offer day trips to Cozumel and to the cenotes.  Scuba Caribe are great to.
04-22-2010, 11:26 AM,
My son was married in the Bahamas, we stayed at the Breezes Resort and they handled everything. You've got Stuart's Cove for a dive operation, and you'll love the shark dive. Do not go to the Wyndham in Cozumel. I was there in Dec. and the place smelled like raw sewage the whole week. They have a failed sewage system, and the locals were talking about putting up a floating sign off shore stating this hotel pollutes the ocean
04-22-2010, 04:33 PM,
...we've stayed at the Hotel Cozumel 3 times & have no hesitations about going back (looking at September actually)...you're a 5 minute walk from downtown...15 minute drive to Chankanaab Park...& Divers Paradise Dive Shop is right on the Hotel Property...(lot's of dive operations on the island) ....if you're needing 5 star concierge service - there are other places...but if you want incredibly friendly people and excellent service...very nice hotel accommodations...very good food & great diving...you may want to give it a look.....we've always had a great time there....
04-22-2010, 07:05 PM,
It has been a few years since I was at Wyndham Reef Club.  I have had others say that the place has gone down hill recently.  May be a risky choice now.

Breezes in the Bahamas sounds really good.  I bet they really know how to do a wedding.

Doug
04-22-2010, 08:39 PM,
...I too...have been to Breezes in the Bahamas...you need to be ok with...lots of people...usually (very) drunk..limited ocean view rooms and (very) loud music until early morning hours...the point is - given the costs....if the majority of your guests are Aunt Sue and Uncle Tim used to something else...you may want to really look at it first....
04-23-2010, 07:22 AM,
My wife and I were married in the Bahamas at Breezes Resort. Our wedding was in June of 08. I thought the weather would be a little to hot that time of year but it was really nice. Everything was very easy going. The wedding coordinator was good to work with and we used the photographer from the resort as well. Our room was an ocean view. We were not on the lowest level so the noise wasn't an issue. It didn't really feel all that crowded to me but it might of been the time of year. You have a choice of three location to have the ceremony. The resturants had great food and the buffet was convienient. I dove with Bahama Divers and Stuart Cove. I liked Stuart Cove more and would suggest them.
04-29-2010, 02:01 PM,
Did my honeymoon at Couples Swept Away, Negril, Jamaica.  Diving is included in the price.  My wife and I went back there a year later, it was still a good time.
ERROR:  PC LOAD LETTER