Remember me
Lost Password Register

Father's day on Lake Michigan
06-20-2010, 02:58 PM,
Father's day on Lake Michigan
Even though I usually dive with my dad, it was still great to get out and spend the day together on Lake Michigan.  We started on the Car Ferry north of Milwaukee, which was very nice.  It seemed like a class of students aboard a charter boat jumped in, and they really liked the bottom.  Oh well...we were finished anyways.  We then headed down to the Dredge.  That was a nice smooth ride today, and the dredge was a nice dive.  Had a nice thermocline there, and tons of alewives.  It was kinda fun to see at the end of the dive, in the school of bait was a few salmon chasing and eating the bait.  First time for me.  All in all it was a beautiful day!
06-21-2010, 09:08 AM,
Re: Father's day on Lake Michigan
The Dredge is overlooked by a lot of divers, I suspect because of it's shallow depth. It is one of my favorites here in the Milwaukee area due to all of the stuff to see (if you know where to look). It has as lot of interesteing structure and of course the baitfish schools that have been hanging around there lately are fun to mess with. They tend to go crazy if you flash an HID light back and forth across the school.