Remember me
Lost Password Register

Florida Keys CCR Diving - Silent World
04-20-2010, 01:57 PM,
Florida Keys CCR Diving - Silent World
Well Today is a very special day:  Al Finlaysons & Deb's one month wedding anniversary spent in Key Largo, and Mike Daust and Al Finlayson graduation day on the Inspiration CCR! 

It is not often that I am invited along on a honeymoon :-X but here I am, along with Mike Daust and Bob Sweeny.... Bob who I had previously certified on a KISS ccr in the Caymans was along for the fun dives, while Al and Mike were completing their ccr open water dives.  Today was an exceptional day with a 80 minute dive on the Spiegel Grove.  We went from Bow to Stern, plenty of penetrations, and saw the twin screws before heading up...along with some gigantic Goliath Groupers  :o  these things were cows!

This is my third trip to the Keys this year with Silent World - Chris Brown - and his crew, did another fantastic job with boats, filling our gasses and supporting rebreathers.  Aside from the Spiegel wreck, we did a couple of nice shallow reefs and a drop off reef where we also spotted a gigantic eagle ray...I was very impressed again with all of the lobsters, green morey eels, fish and critters.

Mike and Al did a spectacular job on the Inspo's, the rest of the trip "what happens in the Keys..."

Good Diving

Ron

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   Keys Gang2.jpg (Size: 132.9 KB / Downloads: 117)
.jpg   Mike Al Spiegle Grove 2.jpg (Size: 63.43 KB / Downloads: 93)
04-21-2010, 04:16 AM,
Re: Florida Keys CCR Diving - Silent World
Congratulations to all -- Ron you should stick around longer, the weather is only getting better!