Remember me
Lost Password Register

KISS Explorer
04-10-2010, 05:18 PM,
KISS Explorer
I will be offering CCR Demos on my new KISS Explorer, and excited to give it a run as it has been a year or two since I have actively been diving with a KISS rebreather. The KISS Explorer features a split counterlung case for ease of access, and a diluent add valve on the left side for flushes, or I'll equip with offboard.  It has the tough exterior coating that I saw Brent diving in Manatee last year...so it should look nice after I bang it around?  I have chosen a Shearwater Predator computer and HUD for PPO2 display. 

The CCR demo is offered at Aquaventure Dive and Photo in Maple Grove, MN on Sunday April 25th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, and is a Free Demo with rebate dive store Gift Certificate - contact AVDP at 763-424-8717  (demo includes rEvo, Meg, Inspiration, Poseidon, KISS)

More pictures of rig when I get it all decked out. Stay tuned

Ron

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   Explorer Side View.JPG (Size: 16.43 KB / Downloads: 125)
04-12-2010, 09:56 PM,
Re: KISS Explorer
The new case looks nice, I hate taking out the counter lungs on mine.
DW^2 Diver
04-13-2010, 05:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2010, 05:16 AM by matt t..)
The KISS Explorer was on the short list of rebreathers I was considering. Because of the change to Dive Rite first stages and the Dive Rite second stage on the new BOV I decided to buy something else. I do think that some of the new features incorporated into the Explorer will make other potential buyers take a closer look at the KISS. Unfortunately, the rise in the Canadian dollar won't help.
04-14-2010, 06:41 PM,
I just got notice from Kim that the unit has shipped, and today my Shearwater HUD, and Fischer cable attached to the KISS kidney showed up!!!!  It will probably arrive when I am in Florida training Mike and Al, so a bit of a delay in posting pics.

The demo this past weekend at Klein Scuba in Wausau was great, and I had 12 divers...wish I had the KISS for this demo but it will come in due time.

Yes unfortunately the Canadian dollar is stronger, but the Euro is down a bit which will help the people considering the rEvo.

I'll post some pics from Key Largo next week when I'm teaching Inspiration CCR - I'm also bringing down the Poseidon Discovery to see how it handles the ocean dives???

Good Diving

Ron