Remember me
Lost Password Register

Redgranite Quarry-April 10, 2010
04-11-2010, 08:53 AM,
Redgranite Quarry-April 10, 2010
We got weathered out on Lake Michigan yesterday so we headed to Redgranite because it would likely be better than not diving. 

I don't think I was at the quarry to dive at all last year.  I stopped in to look at the mess created by The Man With the Plan on the Bulldozer, but didn't get in the water.

Yesterday wasn't much different, except we got in the water.  We went into the bay at the old pickle factory where we were greeted by a small trout and just a couple feet of visibility that was quickly reduced to nothing by a buddy, who shall remain nameless, that just purchased a SS N19.  The visibility got significantly better in the 50-65ft range(sans SS19) but it was very dark.    We got out of the water during a rain shower, and then headed to the Curve In Cafe (the best part about diving Redgranite Quarry) to have some lunch.  I had the Steak Stew special. 

Of course the Big Lake cooperated this morning, but I'm 4 hours from the dock...drinking coffee and thinking about diving.
04-11-2010, 05:20 PM,
Re: Redgranite Quarry-April 10, 2010
I was happy to see that it does clear up below 40 ft, though it was cooold and very dark! We'll have to make it back on a sunny day after my class and do a longer dive. Maybe Todd will have the "ditch witch" weighted properly and we can watch John struggle  Wink.