Remember me
Lost Password Register

Scam?
04-05-2010, 01:49 PM,
Scam?
Hello everyone,

I have gotten 2 phone calls now from a company on the Brookfield Wi area saying I have won a complimentary trip to the Caribbean from an "underwater show" that I signed up at (I think our world underwater). They also said that If I made it to their "company introduction" for 1 hour today or tomorrow that they will throw in the free round trip air (for two). I know I have talked to at least one other person who has gotten a phone call like this. I think it sounds like a scam or time share kind of deal, but does anyone else have some input or even gotten these calls?

And to top it off they said that I can win another $1,000 at this meeting AND that I am still entered for the grand prize of either a Hawaii vacation, luxury vehicle up to $70,000, or $50,000 cash...

To good to be true? I think so! Thoughts?
Thanks Much and Dive Safe,<br /><br />Mike Bernard<br />Mobile Divers LLC<br />(715) 482-8919<br />www.mobilediversllc.com<br /><br />
04-05-2010, 05:43 PM,
Re: Scam?
Been getting similar calls a couple times a week. Every time they call the "prize" gets better. My calls are from a vacation company that was at Ghost Ships.
04-05-2010, 05:45 PM,
I did win a box of goodies from the Ghost Ship festival.  Rum cake, CD, wine items, mask strap and some other items.  It was a nice little gift.
04-05-2010, 07:44 PM,
I got the same call from a sign up down at Our world Underwater. Lots of winners huh?
04-06-2010, 12:47 PM,
hmm... sounds pretty shady.  I'd stay away.