Remember me
Lost Password Register

Anybody Diving this Weekend
03-16-2004, 05:37 PM,
Anybody Diving this Weekend
Need to get wet! Wazee, Redgranite Anyone?
03-16-2004, 08:17 PM,
Re:Anybody Diving this Weekend
the ice isnt off anything up that way. is it? i am headed to IL to dive on sat but, if there is something ice free up here that would be closer.
03-17-2004, 07:53 AM,
I dove Lake Monona last weekend, the ice is of the northern 1/4 of the lake, but the winds had stirred everything up so bad that the 20'+ vis I had two weeks ago was reduced down to about 4'.

Not sure about this weekend yet.

Jon
03-17-2004, 08:28 AM,
Haven't heard about anything being open - I think they said over on MNScuba that the edges of Wazee were gettting open..but...it hasn't been too warm this week so I wouldn't expect too much thawing to have occurred.

I could be wrong though.

This is the time of year I don't like for diving - the ice isn't thick enough to ice dive, and there is no open water. Can't get wet at all Sad
03-19-2004, 10:29 AM,
So...

Is anyone diving this weekend at all? My dive gear is getting too dry...I don't want to damage it at all ;D
03-19-2004, 04:57 PM,
It was 48deg in the Cities today. I gotta believe the ice is melting fast. If anyone is near wazee this weekend I'd love to hear an update.
--Jason
03-26-2004, 03:05 PM,
Lake Mendota and Monona, in Madison, are both almost completly clear of ice, but the vis is terrible- it looks like coffee! :'(

I called up 3LD and they told me that Devil's Lake was still frozen as of today. I also called up Keith, at Wazee Sports, and he said that the lake was open along the sides- for a couple of inches. :'(

I also talked to Jerry and there are no charters out on lake Michgian this weekend- plus the fog is so thick out there right now you can't see from one end of main gap to the other. :'(

I've got a new suit I am dying to get wet, but it doesn't look too promising this weekend.

Who else is diving this weekend, and where?

Jon
03-26-2004, 03:19 PM,
Unfortunately...not me Sad

Just waiting for the ice to go.....
03-26-2004, 03:40 PM,
There is a group going up to Superior (North Shore - Madeira) tommorrow and on Sunday. I've still got some gear in for service so I can't go.
--Jason
03-26-2004, 03:46 PM,
Does anyone know if the ice is off Redgranite yet?