Remember me
Lost Password Register

Whites fusion drysuits
03-13-2010, 11:23 AM,
Whites fusion drysuits
Anyone have an opinion one way or another about the whites fusion drysuit system?  I was leaning towards a neoprene suit initially for entry level rec. diving, but was at the ghost ship festival and saw one at the Diver Dan's booth.  Was quite impressed with the system and how modular it is.  I like options!  Looking for input, Thanks.

Chris
03-14-2010, 01:29 PM,
Re: Whites fusion drysuits
They aren't to common in this area, though I have read positive reports from others (mostly west coast). Aqua Lung just bought Whites so you should be good for future support. Personally I can't get past the Power Rangers look they have so I would not buy one.
03-14-2010, 05:21 PM,
Matt, I think that you would look cute in one.

Doug
03-14-2010, 06:15 PM,
I agree you Matt, The sport skin does have a bad 80's spandex running suit look, but the tech skin they offer looks ok.  Two thigh pockets, heavy duty knee pads.  I couldn't believe how light weight it was!
03-14-2010, 07:43 PM,
Two guys in the Hoofers in Madison have them (Scott & Bob). Scott has dove his very hard over the last 18 months I believe and he still likes it. Might seek him out for first hand opinions.

For tech diving you really need large, solid thigh pockets and that was my main concern with the suit. Even with the "tech skin" option you might evaluate how much the pockets sag when they are fully loaded with the gear you need.
03-15-2010, 07:53 AM,
DUI extended the Free $770 in options til the end of march...