Remember me
Lost Password Register

Rebreather Seminar & Demo Under Water Connections
02-19-2010, 09:36 PM,
Re: Rebreather Seminar & Demo Under Water Connections
Ron,
I enjoyed meeting and talking to you in Florida. You seemed like a nice guy and you certainly cook a mean barbeque. Maybe its none of my business and I sure don't want to start some kind of war but this whole thing bothers me. I heard you have also scheduled a discover CCR dive in direct competition to another show. If that's true I can't believe both of these incidents are coincidental. As someone with a long and close history with the regional dive community you had to have known these show dates and scheduled these events in direct competition. Initially I thought it was some kind of problem UW Connections had with Ghost Ships but if there is indeed another instance then it seems as if there's more to it.  I understand what you're saying about "only 2 hrs in the pool" but if you add the travel time, gearing time, pre-dive presentation time, etc this would probably be a most of the day event. It doesn't seem likely that many people are going to pay full attendance fees to spend probably little more than a couple of hours at the show. Maybe I'm wrong but this sure appears to be a conscious attempt to draw people away from the shows. THAT bothers me.  

Messages In This Thread
Re: Rebreather Seminar & Demo Under Water Connections - by Gary - 02-19-2010, 09:36 PM