Remember me
Lost Password Register

New Fins? Holy Gimmick....
03-12-2004, 08:49 AM,
New Fins? Holy Gimmick....

Yikes - I thought Force Fins were bad!
03-12-2004, 09:08 AM,
Re:New Fins? Holy Gimmick....
Must resist temptation to buy cool, clear fin...
03-12-2004, 09:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2004, 10:22 AM by FreediveWI.)
What a joke!

BTW: Omer came out with clear fins a few years ago- called the "tuna Ice". They were supposed to make your profile shorter in the water so that you could sneak up on fish easier- yes, they were long bladed spearfishing fins.

The had one flaw- they cracked. I think that most pairs went back in under warrenty. That's what made their claim of being durable a joke.

As far as the design goes........... :Smile

Jon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   omer_ice.jpg_thumb (Size: 7.99 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-12-2004, 01:09 PM,
Those Gill Fins are actually kind of neat looking from a slick marketing point of view...

It would be kind of fun to get a pair and actually try them. But I really like my big black ugly jetfins.
03-12-2004, 04:18 PM,
My name is Bond....James Bond...... ;D

It looks like they might even have a built in knife in there somewhere. 8)

Swiss army fins. Big Grin

Just goes to show you what happens when an unemployed, scuba diving, engineer cannot sleep at night. Wink

I could probably keep going but I will quit now.
03-12-2004, 07:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2004, 07:51 PM by jasondbaker.)
I love these lines:

This is far removed from merely a cosmetic change it is more like the neogenesis of diving fins. In a nutshell; previous fin designs were basically only in two dimensions whereas these fins utilizes the third dimension as well

What the heck does "neogenesis of diving fins" mean? I never realized that my old turtle fins were only two dimensional. My diving has been lacking the third dimension this whole time.
--Jason
03-13-2004, 07:47 AM,
I know - i feel so inferior now!

This is kind of a nice quote as well:

MATERIAL. The fins are manufactured from a transparent thermoplastic material called polycarbonate. This material is a real space age plastic material, as a matter of fact it was there on the moon during the first moon landings.

But who knows - the things may actually work!
03-13-2004, 09:33 AM,
This material is a real space age plastic material, as a matter of fact it was there on the moon during the first moon landings.

Actually, that line right there tells you that their technology is ONLY 33 years old. :Smile Besides..I didnt see Neil with a pair on when the EAGLE LANDED ;D
03-15-2004, 09:38 AM,
no thanks! I'll take mine ugly, heavy, and black rubber ;D
I wonder just what the retail is on these things?
03-16-2004, 10:30 AM,
Over $200/pair. You pay to be space age.

Doug