Remember me
Lost Password Register

Mexico Expedition short
01-28-2010, 12:28 PM,
Mexico Expedition short
Keith, Ethan and I just returned from a month in Mexico working on a couple of different cave projects. Thought some of you might be interested in seeing a short video from Canadian Filmmaker Morey San which is just the intro to a longer documentary film- it's only 3 minutes or so, but packed with crazy looking gear and people. This cenote is just one that we were asked to come down to survey and document.

The large camera being lowered in the video is the same photo-mosaic mapper from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute that we used to create the shipwreck mosaics here in Wisconsin over the last couple of years.
01-29-2010, 12:27 PM,
Re: Mexico Expedition short
Wow Tami, very cool video.
I'm really impressed that you take all of the crazy valuable gear and hang it on a tripod made out of tree limbs and rope Wink  I suppose that's not really much different than hauling it out on the lake in the state boats... :o
Dennis
01-30-2010, 08:49 AM,
Nice video, do you know when the documentary will be coming out?
01-30-2010, 09:28 AM,
It's being completed and shown at the Society for American Archaeology conference in St. Louis in April.  We are trying to bring Guillermo De Anda to Madison for a couple of presentations on his work beforehand.