Remember me
Lost Password Register

MERRY CHRISTMAS
12-25-2009, 08:27 AM,
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Merry Christmas to all!  An may you get a exellent start to the 2010 new diving year. 
Jeff
12-25-2009, 10:05 AM,
Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS
Jeff,
Christmas is supposed to be something about the spirit of giving, not getting.  It would be great if you'd give me an excellent diving gift.

A Scooter would be nice.  Or perhaps a 3hp electric motor for the compressor.

Merry Christmas.
12-25-2009, 10:13 AM,
Chris the get was supposed to be for the next year. But thanks for GIVING me the heads up on the gifts!  Incase I ever strick it rich >Big Grin  I Too could use a Scooter  Somthing like a Gavin or SS  Had thoughts about giving up my Motocross bike for one.  It will have to be way better than Matts :-*
  Let me check on the Motor!  I may know where tto find one.
Jeff
12-26-2009, 09:43 AM,
Merry Christmas! Just the fact the I own it, and GI III built it makes my scooter better than most  >Big Grin. Don't sell your bike unless you have more than one. Scooters are a luxury, certainly not a necessity, and most guys need more practical stuff (tanks, booster, compressor, did I say more tanks?) before getting one.
12-26-2009, 02:17 PM,
Matt, 
  There is a rebreather in my future!  Not sure of which one yet but it will happen.  Helium is way too much money.  Not bad if you mix it at home but then you need a booster.  Shit the whole darn thing is money!  I need a job :'(  Happy new year for all
Jeff
12-26-2009, 04:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2009, 04:42 PM by matt t..)
IMO a booster is a necessity if you own a rebreather or fill OC tri-mix at home. You would/will need one either way. Partner up with some other serious divers in your area and get set up to do your own fills. The time and hassle it saves is more than worth it. Re-breathers have their place, and most guys seem to be able to talk themselves into getting one pretty easily, but I have yet to see the "need" to own one myself, and the technology aspect doesn't interest me yet. I'm easily doing everything OC that the CCR divers in our crew are doing. A used entry level tri-mix capable unit with mod 1 instruction is easily $5,500-$6,000 (IE: Classic KISS). I put less than that into a booster and home compressor and cut my fill prices to less than 1/2 of what they were. YMMV.