Remember me
Lost Password Register

Habitat GPS Coordinates
11-14-2009, 05:50 PM,
Habitat GPS Coordinates
I know this is a last minute question for you guys...but I am looking to dive the Habitat tomorow morning about 10 am, and I have an idea of where this is located, but does anyone have the coordinates to make it easier to find?  Anyone have some good advice how to anchor and dive this structure?  What path to follow?  Any idea on viz right now? thanks a ton.  Hopefully someone can help me out yet tonight or tomorow morning. thanks again.

Nick
11-15-2009, 03:48 PM,
Re: Habitat GPS Coordinates
Made it out today with the boat for a nice dive.  We made it through the waves to the spot...went down in 20' and swam about 30' and there was the ropes.  We followed it and made the loop.  Made it down to the boat in 65' and saw a bunch of smallies down there.  Once you got below 40ish feet, u needed a light.  Was a very nice dive for my first time on Mendota.  I am getting sick of driving to Wazee for a daytrip, so I figured with this being so close...why not give it a try.  Viz was about 5ish feet.  I don't remember at what point I noticed the water temp...but didn't seem like any kind of thermocline was left.  I saw 50 degrees on my wrist.  See ya out there next time.
06-04-2010, 10:48 AM,
Re: Habitat GPS Coordinates
I would like the GPS cordinates for the Habitat.  If anyone has them, could you please post.  Would like to do a dive there in a couple weeks.