Remember me
Lost Password Register

need work
10-15-2009, 05:52 PM,
need work
I was just laid off from work and was wondering if anyone new of any diving jobs here in wi
10-15-2009, 07:10 PM,
Re: need work
Only coaching springboard diving.  Sorry
10-15-2009, 08:42 PM,
\
if you call it diving yes golf ball diving its  hard work,,,
10-17-2009, 10:10 PM,
what makes golf ball diving hard work besides the amount of balls you have to find in order to make it a viable job just curious cause im looking into it
10-17-2009, 10:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-17-2009, 10:33 PM by MNDiveLady.)
Dirty and strenuous!  The balls usually aren't just sitting on the top of the mud, they're elbow deep in Goose Poo and chemicals they use to fertilize and control weeds....Arms and shoulders get very sore the first few times!  Leeches in strange places, mud in more places!  No vis what so ever!  Turtles and other invisible hazards!

After my first GB dive, I learned not to use my good gear, I use a back up set of regs.  I don't need the computer dredged through the mud like that. 

There are some courses that have plastic lined water hazards....OR Slip-and-Slides as we call them, with a 50 lb bag of balls in one hand and your fins in the other you try to find stable footing on rip-rap rocks and hope they don't slide down into the pond as you try to climb your way out.

Want to know more?  Go to set up your profile and send a PM to BallFrog!~

I love to go down with other divers!
10-19-2009, 07:48 PM,
depends you can make net $60-100 + for a 2/3rds work day 2 tanker your tired after words -you don't need fins unless you got to move far away from entry, yes junk gear,a line, portable shower,trailer or pick up don't want the balls in your car smellllllllll!!!!!!
and type of pond if its been worked before,the cut your main man takes and then his man takes
you cant just go to courses you need to go thru a connection they work courses north then winter sun belt-
10-20-2009, 11:23 AM,
Steve said he once had a staring contest with a huge pike.
Dave Job, Port Washington WI
10-20-2009, 07:07 PM,
At Black Wolf 3' northern that was way to curious and I wondered why the few small mouth had like chunks out of their tails!
nothing like the gator stories in Florida in matting season!