Remember me
Lost Password Register

Decompression Research
10-08-2009, 07:51 PM,
Decompression Research
Here is an interesting article that Ethan steered me toward.  Apparently research on decompression sickness at the UW Madison has been suspended due to a recent increase in the number of sheep deaths:

10-08-2009, 08:36 PM,
Re: Decompression Research
Isn't that how the US navy researched their dive charts initially?

Lamb, its whats for dinner >Big Grin
10-09-2009, 01:34 PM,
aahhh.. Lamb.

Tammy,  do you know what they were studying?  I have read in some journals regarding compression and it relation to trigger certains hereditary Arthritis.

I dont think 303 sheep would experience that?
10-12-2009, 08:52 PM,

I don't know their exact course of research, but something related to decompression physiology.  I did have a part time employee several years ago that was a vet student, and worked in that lab. He said that they would bring the sheep to depth in the chamber and then bring them up fast and if they were bent, they would favor one leg, lifting the other.  I find it really interesting that our respiratory system is so similar to sheep.  I'm sure you could google the professor whose name is mentioned in the article and find a research CV on the university website.
10-14-2009, 11:21 PM,
I've wondered why lemon added to coke seems to make it go flat faster.  Let's get some sheep! >Big Grin
DEW >&ltWink)>