Remember me
Lost Password Register

first time to 150
10-08-2009, 11:21 AM,
Re: first time to 150

How would you do an adv. nitrox deco procedures course on trimix?  Im pretty sure that an adv. nitrox / deco is normally is a prerequisite for trimix, and normally certifies the diver to 150, or maximum training depth. This is coming from a TDI background, I would think most agencies standards are fairly similar, but maybe not. 

Im not saying that I would choose to do a dive that deep again without helium after Ive gone to trimix, but I think a lot of people would consider that an acceptable depth for air (or 28%). 

James,
Congrats on the milestone, the 150 mark really puts you on the door step to a whole new world of wrecks to dive. 

-Al
[/quote]

I am with Al. TDI's Advanced Nitrox + Deco Procedures certifications qualify one to dive to 150 ft. on good old 21% nitrox.

To the OP I would add that the classes are really a great experience. If you have not embarked on the technical training journey yet, - DO IT. It is a great experience. You will learn a ton when you take the classes. When you start dropping down to 150 ft. or more you really want the education that the classes provide!
Dennis