Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Geneva with Divers' Delight Scuba Charter
09-13-2009, 08:47 AM,
Lake Geneva with Divers' Delight Scuba Charter
Divers Deight will be diving on Lake Geneva in October.  We've been booked by the Tritons dive club from Illinois for a charter on Oct 10.  This is their standard annual event. They do the dive on Saturday.  We're still there on Sunday, so we are able to do another charter on Sunday.  In the past, the sunday dive was usually a "crab boil"  we bring all the stuff needed to do a crab/crayfish/crawdad/whatever-boil. If you'd like to have a picinic with the crab catch, we can handle that. You just have to catch your food!  If anyone would like to do the "crab boil" thing, we can do it.

However, if you would rather, you can just dive on the old Nash Car, or the volkswagen, or the cabin cruiser, or the wrecks of Luciuos Newberry or Lady of the Lakes.
People often bring up interesting items from lake geneva. Tritons dive club almost has a competion on their charter on Saturday to see who gets the first or the most anchors.

The Sunday dive will be two tanks, and it will be up to the majority as far as what to dive.
There is a Nash car, a Volkswagen, a cabin cruiser, The Lady of the Lakes and the Lucious Newberry.
I'm not sure what condition the Lady of the Lakes and Lucious Newberry are in.  I believe they started on fire and were pushed out into the lake.

Along with the dive, we can also do a tour of the lake and give some information on some of the houses and people the live there or used to live there.

dive flags are mandatory. dive flags must remain above the water and you must surface within the proper range of the flag!
It seems the boaters on Lake Geneva are clueless  ???  about what a dive flag means....I mean that seriously.  We watched a boater go right up to an inflatable "diver below" flag, pick it up, read it and then put it back.
You need to be safe.  And be alert at all times.

We launch the boat in Williams Bay.
Cost for the charter is $50, and its a 2-tank charter.  If you need to rent tanks, let us know.

Btw, I checked the Packers and Bears schedule.  Both teams have a "bye week"

If you'd like to join us on the charter, please let us know.
You can email or call us at 262-758-9761 or 262-227-1790

Thanks!
Ralph & Tracy Ripple
Divers' Delight Scuba Charter