Remember me
Lost Password Register

Anybody buy something new lately to share reviews?
07-12-2009, 09:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-12-2009, 09:20 PM by Tamara Thomsen.)
Re: Anybody buy something new lately to share reviews?
I agree with Herb, the Floretta is a fantastic dive - one of my favorites! 

I was diving there today (and also the Home) with the Woods Hole's stereo cameras.  No one in there right mind could even afford cameras like these- so I guess that this doesn't fall under "buying something new" but I did get to try something new!  They brought out the first autonomous 3D-HD camera to test!  We also took their powerful BumbleBee 3D-HD camera and mounted it on the nose of a scooter to capture images for a mosaic of the wreck...something to do over the winter months.  It has to be tethered to the boat and the cameras are controlled topside!

They were fun to play with - on my list of what to do with my lottery millions once I win. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   FlorettaScan.jpg (Size: 271.85 KB / Downloads: 119)
.jpg   home.jpg (Size: 228.72 KB / Downloads: 139)
07-13-2009, 10:04 AM,
wow, the viz looks incredible.  very cool shots
--Jason
07-13-2009, 03:25 PM,
I did make another purchase earlier this year.  I bought my second Zeagle Ranger BC.  My first one I bought used and I put 300 dives on it, velcro was starting to not hold well and wasn't worth repairing anymore.  Love my new one, it fits much better has trim pockets on the rear(old one didn't) better D rings than my old one and I know it will last me a long time.  I highly recommend one for frequent diving in all types of conditions especially ice diving.
Life's Short, Dive Hard
07-14-2009, 10:58 AM,
I want to buy one of those neato drysuits with the kool flames on it. 

>Big Grin >Big Grin >Big Grin

--Jason
07-14-2009, 11:31 AM,
As long as we're hijacking, I'd really like a White's Fusion Drysuit.
07-14-2009, 01:27 PM,
Susan Long was pretty excited about the new overlays at the Wazee DUI days. So far I've only heard negative comments from potential buyers. I'm curious to see how many actually show up in public.
08-16-2009, 09:13 PM,
Posted by: matt t. 
Quote:Susan Long was pretty excited about the new overlays at the Wazee DUI days. So far I've only heard negative comments from potential buyers. I'm curious to see how many actually show up in public.

Met a guy diving site #2 at Wazee the weekend before last who was sporting the new blue camo design. Looked alot better in person than the photos the website showed.  Super nice guy.
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
08-20-2009, 07:06 AM,
I think I was the guy you talked to at Wazee. I was there that weekend doing my Deep Diver certification dives.

Have had a lot of people come up to discuss the suit pattern wherever I have been. Everyone seems to like it.

I got the blue camo so the fish wouldn't see me sneaking up on them!!
08-20-2009, 10:08 PM,

Had to be, I think you used that same line when we met  Wink
Hope your class went well. Our was dive day was pretty short due to a torn neck seal.
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
08-21-2009, 02:20 AM,
Bummer about the seal failing. This is my first drysuit so I have yet to experience all those fun things.

Suit worked great, especially when we went down to 130' where the water temps were mid 40's. Only problem I had was with my Atomic Split-Fins. No way will they work with a size 14 Rock Boot! I actually had to have my buddy help me get them on in the water  .. talk about embarrassing.

After much research on the web, and discussions with the local dive shop, I just took possession of a pair of XXXL Turtle fins with 12" spring straps. Fit perfect in the shop, but I haven't gotten them wet yet.

I've heard mixed reviews on the Turtles .. I guess I just have to try myself. It sucks to be a 'full figured' guy and have to deal with equipment companies who think that an average American male is 5'3" and weighs 125 pounds.