Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cozumel August 14-18
06-30-2009, 05:28 PM,
Cozumel August 14-18
My newly certified 17 & 15 year olds and I, along with 3 very experienced divers, are heading to Cozumel August 14-18.

I believe that we will be staying at the Hotel Cozumel, diving with Dive with Martin.

Total cost per person (including current airfare, all-inclusive hotel, 9 tanks of diving over three days) looks like about $750 for doubles, $675 for triples.

If anyone is interested in tagging along, the more the merrier (I hope :Smile ).

I am not associated with any dive shop or travel agency, just looking to have some fun.
06-30-2009, 06:12 PM,
Re: Cozumel August 14-18
I have always enjoyed staying at the Hotel Cozumel. Been staying there since it was called the Fiesta Inn. Close enough to town to walk easily. If you get a chance have dinner at a little out of the way but worth it.
Al
06-30-2009, 06:23 PM,
...this October Barb & I are heading back to Coz & the Hotel Cozumel for the 3rd time....lots of great dive operations down there & Dive Paradise is right there at the Hotel....enjoy...be safe....
08-19-2009, 03:54 PM,
Hope you had a good trip in Coz Russ.  Please share some of the great details, I bet there were many.  Not sure what your doing this weekend but the wife and I are going to be up at are cabin Friday through Tuesday.  We plan on diving Wazee two of the days.
08-19-2009, 04:21 PM,
Quick summary:

- Stayed in a condo that was across from Dolphinaris.  Really nice place (3000 sf, 4br, 4.5 bath).  Owner actually stayed and dove with us.

- Dove with Dive Paradise.  The condo owner has a relationship with them and we had the same DM for all 10 dives over 3 days which was great, especially for us newbies.  Really liked their fast boats which we used for 2 dives.

- Did almost nothing outside of diving on the island.  We did make it downtown to wander through the shops one afternoon, and had some meals at Rock'n Java and Los Otates, but my kids were pretty wiped out from diving so we didn't do any touring or other activities.

- Diving was spectacular (especially for newbies).  Unbelievable vis, hour+ bottom times, DM was almost too good of a critter finder - seemed like he was constantly tank-banging.  I really enjoyed Palancar Horseshoe and Columbia Deep which both had swimthroughs and very cool formations.  Paradise Reef was like swimming in an aquarium with all the marine life and was VERY COOL at night.  We saw turtles, sharks, rays, crabs, lobsters, morays & spotted eels, toadfish, lionfish (DM's caught two), seahorses and too many other tropical fish for me to list.

- Current ranged from almost non-existent on the night dive to really ripping on one dive, but you could always drop behind a formation to pause and take a closer look.

Overall, it was a GREAT first dive trip and I will be back (hopefully soon).

If anyone has any specific questions, you can PM me or ask them here.
09-01-2009, 05:49 PM,
We were at Hotel Cozumel at the beginning of August for 10 days and had a blast.  My daughter was certified on the trip and is now officially a fish!

Were the condos you stayed at the brand new ones next to Chedraui?  We dove with a lady that owned one.  They sounded really nice.
09-01-2009, 07:39 PM,

Yep - that was Jen.  She stayed and dove with us.
09-01-2009, 08:54 PM,
wow! small world.  How was the condo?  We are considering renting it the next time we go down there.
09-02-2009, 07:01 AM,
The condo was large (4 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, 3000 sf.) and very nice.  Beautiful views of the sunset from the living room & balcony.  Full kitchen, dining room, etc...

Close enough to town to walk, otherwise a cheap taxi ride.

A great place for 3-4 couples to stay together.  I would do it again.