Remember me
Lost Password Register

Sad News
05-21-2008, 12:00 PM,
Sad News
Dear Fellow Divers;

It is with a very heavy heart that I bring to you the news of the passing of fellow diver and friend Captain Bill Prince of the Nordic Diver of Milwaukee, WI. 

Bill passed yesterday  May 20, 2008 while diving in Wazee Lake in Black River Falls.

The facts of the accident have not yet surfaced for the general public so it would be best that no assumptions be made about the nature and cause of the accident. 

Bill was diving with close friends at the time..people that are active on these scuba boards.  It is no doubt that his loss has greatly affected them.  As such, please allow time for their healing prior to actively posting opinions regarding this terrible accident. 

Many people knew Bill as he was a staple in the Midwest Great Lakes diving industry.  There will be not only a great loss in regards to the man, Bill Prince but also a great loss in our diving community as a whole with his passing. 

It is with great sadness that I pass this news to you.

My deepest condolences go out to his family and closest friends.

I am so sorry for your loss.  He was a great man and will be dearly missed.

Most Sincerely

Cpt. Dean Moore
05-21-2008, 02:05 PM,
Re: Sad News
On behalf of the mnscuba.com and wiscuba.com diving communities let me express our sincere condolences to Bill's family and friends.  He was a positive contributor to our community and a willing educator.

More information about funeral arrangements available at:
--Jason
05-21-2008, 08:55 PM,
That was definitely terrible news to hear yesterday.  My condolences to Bill's family and friends.
05-21-2008, 09:32 PM,
Our deepest condolences to Capt. Bill's family and friends. He will be badly missed!

Badger State Dive Club
Milwaukee
05-22-2008, 01:13 PM,
I only met him once about a month or two ago, but his passion for diving was clearly apparent.  As was his graciousness and patience in answering what I'm sure, to him, were a lot of naive questions from a rookie. 

Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

"Grab shell, dude!"
05-22-2008, 05:47 PM,
Very sad nows.  My heart goes out to Bill's friends and family.

Doug
05-23-2008, 05:05 AM,

Yep, I'll second that, he always had time to listen and explain, had some great dives off his boat.  If you need info about the wake and funeral, its on the Nordic diver website ()
Dave Job, Port Washington WI
05-23-2008, 06:39 AM,
This is truly sad news for the small community of divers in this state. While I only had the pleasure of meeting him once, I will say his enthusiasm for diving was second to none.

My condolences to his family and friends.
05-23-2008, 04:12 PM,
It is a sad day in the diving world when we loose someone of such caliber like Bill. Bill was a large part of the diving industry in the Midwest and becoming a even larger name on a nation wide level. Bill will be missed, and it is with a sad heart that I give my deepest condolences to Bill's family and closest friends. I am sorry for your loss and he will be missed.

Thanks Much and Dive Safe,<br /><br />Mike Bernard<br />Mobile Divers LLC<br />(715) 482-8919<br />www.mobilediversllc.com<br /><br />
05-23-2008, 05:53 PM,
This is very sad news. My buddy and I dove on the Nordic Diver 9 times back in 06 and Bill really showed us a good time despite the fact that we were about as new as you get on his boat. He really left a lasting impression on me and was very influential in my decision to keep diving locally. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. RIP!