Remember me
Lost Password Register

stage bottle
08-10-2009, 12:21 PM,
stage bottle
I started using a 40 stage bottle as a backup air source. I have the bottle on a sling. Which side do you put it on? Some have told me the right and some the left. Is there a right or wrong side? I see good and bad for either side I use it on.
08-10-2009, 02:22 PM,
Re: stage bottle
It goes on your left side. Make sure the rigging is set up correctly so that the bottle doesn't hang to low. Some divers using 2 or more bottles will put 1 on the right side, but that's a whole other discussion.
08-10-2009, 03:40 PM,
Thanks for the info Matt. I have been mounting it on my left other than one time (from being advised to mount it on the right) and I am getting familiar with it being there. The only inconvenience I have found is that it would get in the way of reaching for my inflater hose once in a while. At first it felt a little low to me but I have adjusted it and feels comfortable.
08-10-2009, 06:22 PM,
Get a shorter inflator hose.  It is an inexpensive, worthwhile upgrade.

08-10-2009, 07:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2009, 07:13 AM by matt t..)
You want it on the left side so that it doesn't trap your "long hose" if need you need to deploy it to another diver in an "out of air" situation. Whoever told you to put it on the right wasn't thinking. Once in a while I lose my inflator hose when I have 2 bottles on the left side. You get used to it and it gets easier to find in the jumble of things.
08-10-2009, 08:53 PM,

Yeah, what Matt said....er...uh....well....maybe...depending...on...uh...
08-11-2009, 07:13 AM,

Yeah, what Matt said....er...uh....well....maybe...depending...on...uh...
[/quote]
Whoops. Fixed  ;D.