Remember me
Lost Password Register

NOAA Meeting on Potential National Marine Sanctuary
06-03-2009, 01:15 PM,
NOAA Meeting on Potential National Marine Sanctuary
Ellen Brody from NOAA is coming to Manitowoc to meet with divers for an informal question and answer session regarding the potential National Marine Sanctuary in Wisconsin.

Meeting will be at:
Maritime Divers (1302 Washington Str., Manitowoc) on Wednesday, June 10th from 5-6 PM.

Please attend if you can.
06-03-2009, 06:24 PM,
Re: NOAA Meeting on Potential National Marine Sanctuary
The first one I attended in Manitowoc a while ago was very good and very informational. NOAA and the rest of the speakers did an excellent job and helped clear up a lot of things for the fishing boat captains. There was not a lot of diver support at the first meeting so I am glad to see this post to get divers informed on it a little bit more.
Thanks Much and Dive Safe,<br /><br />Mike Bernard<br />Mobile Divers LLC<br />(715) 482-8919<br />www.mobilediversllc.com<br /><br />
06-09-2009, 08:30 AM,
Just wanted to post a reminder that the NOAA National Marine Sanctuary meeting is tomorrow night. 

NOAA has been in Wisconsin meeting with local officials, governmental agencies and special interest groups.  Mike, you attended one of these special interest meetings directed at answering questions related to fishing (as NEWGLSF, who sponsored the first meeting , is a group of sport/charter fishermen). 

Tomorrow's meeting will be the one held to address questions specific to divers. I really hope that many of you will be able to attend to have any of your questions about a Wisconsin shipwreck sanctuary answered.
06-11-2009, 06:32 AM,
Interesting Q&A session yesterday, hearing Ellen explain some of the details and potential benefits of the sanctuary.
Dave Job, Port Washington WI
06-11-2009, 06:45 AM,
Can you give us a summary of what was said?
06-11-2009, 08:40 AM,

Here's a link to the Manitowoc Herald: 

Thanks to everyone that came out to the meeting.  This will likely be one of many public meetings- so there will be other chances.