Remember me
Lost Password Register

Door COunty - Bouys
06-02-2009, 02:01 PM,
Door COunty - Bouys
Dive Diva and I checked out the E.R. WIlliams and the Roen Barge and Tug.  The winds kicked up when we were on the Roen, we couldn't get the jugs on, but the Er is tagged.  That was an easy job.  Whom ever did that for us, we thanks you for your help.
06-22-2009, 06:23 AM,
Re: Door COunty - Bouys
Well,
This past weekend we Finally got out and put on the Carrington WHS Mooring,a bit late but it's on.
Thanks to some help from some of the guys from the Deep six dive group-

Thanks to all!
prior to that we tooled out to dive the Jennie Bell off Chambers WOW nice vis and warm temps were treated to all of us! mooring on site and tied off behind a group of divers from the north thanks.
Brad
06-22-2009, 06:34 AM,
Hmm, interesting.  So the Jennie Bell had great vis?  I dove that about 6 years ago and the vis was only about 3-4 ft with the typical tannic Bay water.  I wonder if the overal visibility is improving in the bay or just a lucky year?
06-22-2009, 08:08 AM,
Todd
  The vis in the bay has been getting better an better.  If you want to hook up an try it let me know.
Jeff
06-22-2009, 03:16 PM,

As said Todd,
It is getting better-The new muscle the super sized-quagga muscle may be filltering more,I have to revisit the Hackley,Brown & others that were just like you said no vis dives!
Other divers said the Hackley had about 50' and thats amazing,but latter in the summer I am sure that will lessen,,
06-22-2009, 10:02 PM,
Two weeks ago the Hackley was tight on Vis.  certinly no 50 of vis.  The Mayqueen on the other hand was exellent.  I think it is a day an wind thing.  Both had lots of current on the bottom.
Jeff
06-23-2009, 04:24 PM,

Thanks for having us Brad. What a great day it was.
06-27-2009, 10:29 AM,
Hello Divers,
How neglectful I've been!

Thank you, Rick, for the trip!  It was nice reconnecting, and meeting JoAnne and the pooch.  Bob LaViolette and Tim Austin got the barge buoyed.  Myself, Roger Rice, and Terry Zielke got the tug done.  Steve Wagner and company got the O'Connor done.

It's almost July and we still need to do Pilot Island and the Meridian.  What an off year!
Happy Diving!
Kathy
Dive Diva Charters, Door County WI
06-27-2009, 08:54 PM,
Let me know if you need some fins in the water to help with the meridian.  This week is pretty wide open for me.  920-536-0201

Chris

PS of coarse I need to get a new mask first, see lost and found.
06-28-2009, 07:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2009, 07:59 AM by N2DEEP.)
It was a great day.  The Dog really was glad to see land.  We stopped in Fish Creek for fuel and coffee.  She is starting to sleep while running and not so scared.

I may could meet you at the meridian on Friday.  I was thinking of running up to whaleback shoal with Liane's daughter to check it out.  Capt.Kathy, is there a mooring there?

Also, we dove the wisconsin and the W.L. Brown saturday morning. Vis on the Wisconsin was near 40' and the brown was a good 20'  First time on the brown and it was awesome.  Very much intact with the mast still upright.