Remember me
Lost Password Register

CCR Trimix training Lakeland
06-01-2009, 09:59 PM,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sunday May 31 I got two exceptional dives on the Lakeland, which is off the coast of Sturgeon Bay, WI in 200 feet of water. The weather cooperated, meaning the seas were pretty calm and it didn't start to sprinkle until we pulled the boat out of the water! The water temperature was a chilly 41 degrees, with no noticable thermocline, so bottom time was kept to around 20 minutes and total in water time an hour or less.

Visibility on the Lakeland was at least 60 feett, and there are so many interesting things to see from the antique automobiles, engine / boiler room, and many other penetrations. This is a wreck you must see!

I'm happy to be diving the rEvo CCR, because I can enjoy breathing the warmer gas, and do not have to do gas switches. And I only used 500 psi of trimix and oxygen from a 19 cubic foot bottle on each dive!!! One OC diver reported a freeflow on his stage reg due to the cold water.

I am also happy to say how well the rEvo performed on the dive. I made a couple of personal modifications to the harness, one of them being fixed Highland D rings on the shoulders and extended attachment points on the Butt Plate. It was so easy and conveinient to remove and replace stages on the surface as well as skills excercises at depth. The rEvo is an excellent rebreather for the technical diving I am planning, and I am looking forward to the delivery of my own unit very soon.

I would like to thank Ron Benson for the Rebreather Trimix training, he's very experienced and a good instructor. I look forward to more dives with him soon.

The entire trip was made possible by Shipwreck Explorers, thank you Capt Jitka and Lubo for the great service and a fun time. The Molly V is the best dive boat on the Great Lakes!

See you out on the lake

Ciao, Michal  Wink
06-02-2009, 08:45 PM,
Re: CCR Trimix training Lakeland
Mike

It was a fun diving with you, and you did fantastic...keep it up! I'm looking forward to more dives out of Sheboygan area soon. You made a real good choice on the rEvo and I can't wait to put some more time on the unit too...don't fret, your unit will be delivered soon ;-) till then keep up the most excellent mods on my unit.... You should really post some of the pics of the attachment points you modified, the butt plate and the tank mount system?

I was fortunate to dive the wreck three days and nailed the weather to get in 6 great dives on the Lakeland -hoo-hoo!!!! Tim Hanson and Alex Seeboth joined the dives on Friday, Saturday - Tim had to skip out Sunday, but I got an AM Sunday dive in with Alex and wanted to say great job to both Tim and Alex, you guys did great with buoyancy and skills the entire trip.

And yes it wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of Shipwreck Explorers - Jitka , Molly V, and Lubo. Hey Lubo that was some of the finest smoked Salmon I've ever tasted, thanks again for stopping by the fish market...and help on boat too. You both made it a fun trip.

Deep Thought
06-03-2009, 07:31 PM,
O.K. Armadilo & Nomad adapter
Nice option for rEvo or Inspo, especially with dry glove (hard-set ring)
Regards Michal

Attached Files
.jpg   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter+ 001 (Medium).jpg (Size: 60.75 KB / Downloads: 79)
.jpg   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter+ 033 (Medium).jpg (Size: 58.41 KB / Downloads: 81)
.jpg   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter+ 027 (Medium).jpg (Size: 51.59 KB / Downloads: 98)
.jpg   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter 010 (Large).jpg (Size: 88.55 KB / Downloads: 71)
.jpg_thumb   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter+ 001 (Medium).jpg_thumb (Size: 35.45 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter+ 033 (Medium).jpg (Size: 58.41 KB / Downloads: 81)
.jpg   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter+ 027 (Medium).jpg (Size: 51.59 KB / Downloads: 98)
.jpg   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter 010 (Large).jpg (Size: 88.55 KB / Downloads: 71)
06-03-2009, 07:38 PM,
4more
Regards Michal

Attached Files
.jpg   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter 008 (Large).jpg (Size: 69.75 KB / Downloads: 78)
.jpg   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter 012 (Large).jpg (Size: 57.96 KB / Downloads: 88)
.jpg   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter+ 008 (Medium).jpg (Size: 58.57 KB / Downloads: 81)
.jpg   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter+ 022 (Medium).jpg (Size: 38.36 KB / Downloads: 82)
.jpg   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter 008 (Large).jpg (Size: 69.75 KB / Downloads: 78)
.jpg   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter 012 (Large).jpg (Size: 57.96 KB / Downloads: 88)
.jpg   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter+ 008 (Medium).jpg (Size: 58.57 KB / Downloads: 81)
.jpg   vvychytavky armadilo a nomad adapter+ 022 (Medium).jpg (Size: 38.36 KB / Downloads: 82)