Remember me
Lost Password Register

Door Co.
05-28-2009, 12:55 PM,
Door Co.
Anybody looking to dive fri. sat. and sun. in door co. give me a call.  Need to get wet, need a buddy, mine are busy.  I have a float for shore diving and have funds towards gas if you have a boat.

Chris
536-0201
06-02-2009, 01:58 PM,
Re: Door Co.
Want to go This saturday from Menominee, MI.  Looking for a buddy or 2.

I have the boat.....
06-05-2009, 09:45 AM,
Would love to do a boat dive, but this sat. I've got a grad party to attend.  Next weekend would work though.

Chris
06-06-2009, 07:12 AM,
Was up yesterday snorkeling and testing my new G10 housing.  Cave Point was rough and green slimed. Jacksonport was clear but rough.  Fleetwing was calm but had green slime on the bottom limiting vis to around 20'.  Water there was cold, and a slight current running from the west.  Bullhead Point had cloudy water on the shore side and about 10' on the channel side.  Had a bunch of fishermen there so didn't go in.
DEW >&ltWink)>
06-06-2009, 08:22 AM,
Probably going to check out moonlight bay tomarrow, NE wind 10-20 really limits our choices.  I don't mind the cold water or even some wave action, I just don't like the stiff 50 degree wind blowing up my towel afterwards. 
06-07-2009, 03:21 PM,
We dove out of Baily's Harbor yesterday and it was decent. We dove the Frank O'Connor and the Christina Nilsson. We had about 50 ft vis on the Frank O'Connor. Temp was 41 on the bottom. The vis was a little less on the Christina Nilsson but the temp was 50 which was real nice. They were calling for 1 to 3 footers but it was pretty flat, no more than a foot.
06-09-2009, 07:45 PM,
Here's the Fleetwing.  This is color corrected as the G10 picks up green pretty good.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   IMG_0052 edit 1sm.JPG (Size: 47.39 KB / Downloads: 235)
DEW >&ltWink)>
07-05-2009, 07:54 PM,
Hit Cave Point today.  Had 3 other divers in a Zodiak show up when I was in, but stayed away from me.  They had a sailboat off Whitefish dunes for a mothership.  Saw a nice northern up near the rock shelves, and followed him at least a minute or more before having to come up for air.  Also had a salmon come up, (guess 20lb) but took off before I could get him with the camera.  Also quite a number of small trout, both rainbow and brown.

Also rescued 2 baby raccoons from the cliffs.  They were climbing on the cliff, but couldn't find a way up, dropped off, and swam back to the ledge they started from.  We got them to a spot where they would have an easy climb, and let nature do the rest.  Just wish they could have understood what we were trying to do, it would have saved a lot of fussing on their part.  Nobody got hurt.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   IMG_0324 edit 1sm.JPG_thumb (Size: 26.46 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   IMG_0333edit 1 sm.JPG (Size: 124.37 KB / Downloads: 244)
DEW >&ltWink)>
07-13-2009, 09:58 AM,
Hit Renold's Pier Saturday.  Looks like the storms blew the warm water out.  It was freezing!  Had an ice cream headache for most of the 20 min snorkel.  What a change from Wednesday when I didn't need a hood.  Guessing surface temps were in the 30's

Pics here:

DEW >&ltWink)>
08-04-2009, 07:49 PM,
Going to Door Co. early Sept. Where is Renalds Pier? Looks like it would be a good shore dive.